Glass Cleaner?

mie

I spray it right on my glass, just be carefull. If your that concerned spray it on the rag before hand.

browniebuck

I just use a wet paper towel followed by a dry paper towel, this seems to work perfectly fine for me. I have never used any cleaning agent on any part of my tank...too much $$$ inside to chance it.

nina&noah

Don't use windex. Vinegar works better and is 100% safe. I just put a little on a shami and wipe the glass clean. It removes any salt debris and doesn't streak like water does. I use it on my windows too.

the reason your not supposed to use window cleaner is because it contains ammonia and will get airborn when sprayed and may end up in your tank. yes vinager works wonders

saltlife

Thanks. I knew you guys could help. I was just concerned because I have a glass top and any splashing or condensation will make its way to the tank. I've heard of cleaning your tank equit. with white vinegar but not the glass. Thanks

sac10918

I have always found that if the water on the outside glass of the tank has already dried up, you can just use a dry paper towel with nothing on it. It works really well actually. Although, I have never tried the vinegar method.

dragonzim

You can definitely use windex, just make sure you spray it on a paper towel away from the tank and then use the towel to clean your glass. You just want to make sure you dont get any in the tank and by spraying far from the tank you should be fine.

acrylic51

Glass tanks I've used Windex, but I usually go to the kitchen to spray the paper towel down with windex and then wipe the tank.....I never spray around my tanks though......I find my cleaner for acrylic works super as well on my glass tank.