Going On Vacation

whitefish

I have a 12gal tank with 2 clownfish, 2 snails, and 12 hermit crebs. I will be gown for a week and don't know what to do about feeding my fish. Do I need a Babysitter for my fish?

jjlittle

If you know some one that can stop by and follow direction you leave for them (writen direction)this what I did to make sure of no mistakes. I came home and all was well and I have a loaded 150gal reef that evaps 4 gals a day which needed to be keep up on.I would also leave notes of things to watch for that may be a potentail problem ( example power failures/pump failures) and make a game plan if they occure.I dont know maybe I'm a bit over planning but I dont want to lose $7000 investment. This is what I do and even a novice can take care of the tank if they can read. :joy:

ophiura

I strongly recommend it, and as mentioned leave very detailed instructions. More than a few people come home to tanks that got too hot, etc.
Leave RO water in a bucket for top off by the tank (with a container specifically for it). Premeasure food for each day and put it in baggies or pill boxes. Then hide the rest of the food.