Golden Head Sleeper Goby???

harris28

Okay I have waited for two months to purchase on through swf.com. It arrived last thursday, and I dripp acclimated it it. It was ready to see the tank bad. Well since I put it in I have never seen it!! What the heck!!! I do not think it jumped ship but I also know they burrow under sand and rock. Could he be hiding for over a week???? Every time I see them at the lfs they are out shifting. What gives?? Any ideas would be great!! Thanks

froznfinn

I PURCHASED ONE 3 MONTHS AGO..AND I'D SAY IT HID FOR A LITTLE OVER 1 MONTH..
THE IMPORTANT THING IS TO LET HIM SETTLE DOWN..AND TO MAKE SURE IT'S EATING..MOST PEOPLE WILL SAY I DID THIS IMPROPERLY (SINCE THIS MAY STRESS THE FISH EVEN MORE ) BUT I GOT HIM TO LEAVE HIS HIDING SPOT AND THEN INTRODUCED FOOD INTO THE TANK..ONCE i SAW HIM EAT I JUST LET HIM BE..NOW HE'S PROBABLY THE FIRST FISH OUT AT FEEDING TIME AND LOOKING GOOD..

harris28

Well I have tried to find his hiding place but I can not! I hope he is eating but I am unsure. Heck I do not even know if he is alive at this point. The sand bed is mature so if he is ok he should have plenty to eat. Did you not see yours for a whole month? I hate too buy a fish and never see it.

dogstar

They can and are know for jumpimg out, They will if spooked or harrassed by tank mates. This will also make them hide. If you see detrus floating or getting stired up in the water then thats probly the Goby doing it.