Good people and companies are still out there....

aquaknight

Sorta good to know good people and companies are still out there.
My other hobbies besides SW aquaria, is racing r/c cars (nitro buggy specifically youtube vid). Anyway I ordered a couple parts and stuff this week, one from a company. Everything went smooth till I checked Paypal the day after I ordered. Noticed I had a received money. The company had refunded the difference in shipping costs. Usually a company will eat the costs if they come out above what you were charged, but first time I can ever remember getting a refund for the difference. Today, it's seems that places/people (myself included) expect to make a little off shipping as well .
The other, I bought a couple parts off a guy from a forum much like this one. Sent him paypal and said they'd go out tomorrow (this was on Monday). Wednesday night rolled around and no reply back. Well today I finally got one back. He started off the typical "sorry I give the parts to my wife and she forgot to ship it." However this was the rest of the PM
Quote:
She actually never shipped it, so I went to her work and grabbed it out of her car and shipped it overnight
today.
You will see it tomorrow by 3PM.
Here's the tracking number...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Please let me know if upgrading to the overnight shipping will make up for my oversight in shipping. I do apologize for the delay. I'll do what it takes to make it right.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I find most online retail works out pretty good for me. With all the buying that I do online, I can only think of one problematic purchase I did that I needed to get returned. This is where using credit cards come in handy when you can go thru the bank to dispute a charge. I have yet to be left holding the bag.