got the ring

reefkprz

no pics untill later I dont need her walking by and seeing an image of the ring and getting the right idea (besides its buried in the no-mans land of my workshop digging it out to get a picture would be quite a job).

stdreb27

Originally Posted by jonthefishguy
Congrats. I remember when I went christmas shopping 3 yrs ago. Its christmas eve and I pass a jewelry store I had been doing business with for years. Anyways, as I am being rung up for various gifts for my g/f, the mgr asks me 'So, as many times you and your girl are in here, when you going to take the plung and buy her a ring?" I said, "what do you got?" He starts to show me this and that and one catches my eye. I said what is that one going for? He tells me and I am a bit sticker shocked but whatever.....So he says, its christmas time and I am the mgr and I can work with the numbers. So knowing what my limit was and knowing that I just used a portion of it on her other gifts and that there was no way I could fit that on my card, I figured he was offering a discount. So I said, 'really, your going to cut me a deal?" He said, "Hey, I told you I am the mgr, do you want it or not?" I said, "if you can fit that on my card, consider it sold you have my word as a man." So he says he will be right back. Next thing you know, he comes back and says "Its yours!" I said "really how did you do it." He said, " I just raised your credit limit.
So the next 12 months I had to bring my balance from 4,500 back down to zero.
But it was worth every penny.
In true saleman form.

Are you going to put your ring in one of those air bubble treasure chests? And stick it in your fishtank?

stdreb27

We need to have a lifetime contest to see how long it takes to talk our fiance's into letting us have a fishtank headboard.

reefkprz

well, she said yes. so I'm now engaged.

here is a picture of the ring.
merry christmas and happy new year everybody.

reefkprz

thanks jenny!
so far evey one likes her ring. the funny thing is it looks far better than some of the higher priced rings did, there was one for $1,400 that didnt look half as good as this, I think the opal is probably one of the better looking opals I have ever seen.

jennythebugg

opals are awesome my dad had my moms ring made and it has an opal that has a 'star' in the middle. ...excellent choice, very classy

stdreb27

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
thanks jenny!
so far evey one likes her ring. the funny thing is it looks far better than some of the higher priced rings did, there was one for $1,400 that didnt look half as good as this, I think the opal is probably one of the better looking opals I have ever seen.
You didn't get in trouble for not having a diamond? Have you set a date yet?

reefkprz

it has two diamonds, one on each side of the opal.
no we have not yet set a date, we plan on doing it whenever we can afford a trip to vegas. sometime within the next 5-10 years. We arent in any rush, I just wanted her to know for sure that even if we dont get married immediatly I want her to be my wife. getting engaged helps any eliminate hidden doubts that could be brought about by the "why hasnt he proposed yet? does he not want to be with me?" type of thoughts. (I doubt Emily has those type of thoughts but I would rather she know that I want her forever than have any doubt ever).

stdreb27

it has two diamonds, one on each side of the opal.
no we have not yet set a date, we plan on doing it whenever we can afford a trip to vegas. sometime within the next 5-10 years. We arent in any rush, I just wanted her to know for sure that even if we dont get married immediatly I want her to be my wife. getting engaged helps any eliminate hidden doubts that could be brought about by the "why hasnt he proposed yet? does he not want to be with me?" type of thoughts. (I doubt Emily has those type of thoughts but I would rather she know that I want her forever than have any doubt ever).

lol, but watch out for how long have you been engaged? I like the ring.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by stdreb27
lol, but watch out for how long have you been engaged?
I guess I can only cover x amount of bases by myself.

renogaw

(I doubt Emily has those type of thoughts but I would rather she know that I want her forever than have any doubt ever).

better to CYA than not :p especially how psycho you look in that santa hat....