gots a question

i have been outta the hobby for a long time just startin back up. wonderin what to use to get the nitrogen cycle in my tank going again. don't wanna use damsels or clowns wonderin if there are ne new techniques

bigbonedee

1) Throw a piece of raw shrimp in there and forget about it until your nitrites drop.
2) Nitromax
3) Product called Cycle

kev

Bigbonedee gave you good advise, if you throw a raw shrimp in there and add cycle, you be done cycling in no time. Cycle is a great product that adds the live benificial bacteria that you need for the nitrogen cycle. Its the same exact kind of bacteria that will take hold if you let your tank sit for awhile, it just helps establish them alot quicker. :D
Check this out if you wanna know a little more about it
www.aquariumpw.com/pricelist.asp?prid=1030

fshhub

IMO, forget the cycle products, and use shrimp along with either ls and or lr
best allaround and most effective(no need to hurry it, it will happen and be worth it before you know it happened). It does take tiem, but when you look back, in several months you will try to remember how long it did take and think, BOY WAS IT WORTH WAITING ON.

The thing that stands out with me is your signature. You did not drop all of that in a day old tank, did you? Is that what you have in your tank, or what?
You are just starting, right?

yea i gotta change that sig. i have a 200gallon ls,lr. cycling with shrimp as of today. hopeing for a agressive setup sharks, or eels, or trigs. if i don't do one of those prolly emperator angels