Green Star Polyp

ktsdad

HELP!! My tank is being overrun with Green Star Polyps! Any suggestions on how I can get rid of it?
Thanks!!

grumpygils

Originally Posted by ktsdad
HELP!! My tank is being overrun with Green Star Polyps! Any suggestions on how I can get rid of it?
Thanks!!
Chizel it off, frag it and get some money from the LFS!
Mc

reefkprz

depends on what you want to do with the rock. you can do several things/
1 peel and frag. sell or trade
2 trade the rocks out for new un infested rock with a bonus your giving coral with your rock you can end up with more rock or coral if you work it right.
3 boil the rock and start over.
4 set up a tote for WAR. SG 1.021 temp 72deg F. mix up a paste of 50/50 KALK or thicker. take each rock and paste the GSP with the mix. let it sit for 20minutes Minimum, rinse in a bucket of water, drop in tote repeat. NO lights. after two or three weeks with no lights put lights over the tote. watch your water quality the whole timer try and keep the AMM under .5 shouldnt be a problem but you never know. look for any gsp, re treat if you find any live.

ktsdad

Thanks for the replies!
I have been trying to frag/sell to the only LFS that is interested, but my timing seems to terrible. We live in the sticks so i have to drive over 100 miles to get there so I always call first to see if they want it. Every time I call they "just got a new shipment" and don't want it.
I have been taking the rocks out and putting them in saltwater buckets in the garage with a powerhead. It gets over 100 degrees in the summer, which means the inside of the garage gets to over 120 degrees in the day and about 70 at night. That big of a temp swing usually takes care of any corals we are trying to kill without completely killing everything on the rock.
We were just hoping that maybe we could put in some type of animal that would enjoy a nice buffet and keep it under control.
Thanks again for the suggestions!

gmford1979

go to the classifieds or coral trading section of this site. there is always somebody wanting some. including me. hint, hint