Growth of figi leather in my tank

anonome

Hey all, I was going through some photo's and deleting those I don't need anymore when I found one of my figi yellow leather right after I bought it. The little pathetic one on the left never did recover the move, but boy has the other one really grown. Almost 2 years, and this pic actually doesn't show its full size. It is massive, bigger than a dinner plate for sure. I had just done a water change and it curled up, but you get the idea. Thought this would be interesting to post.

anonome

Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/post/2659881
wow very nice. i hv always wanted one, but no room.
Thanks, I was really surprised when I looked at the photo. You see it everyday, and forget how it was when you purchased it. Time really flies when you get older..........

N

nereef

very nice. looks really yellow. what type of light at what K?

anonome

Thanks NEreef,--3 150w 10,000k hqi metal halides, 4 96w actinic bulbs. Then the moonlights, the tank is never without some light. (Aqualight) I actually am thinking about changing out to 20,000k hqi halides soon, to get more blue. It certainly is receptive to the high light, I had it under pc lighting for about a year, but never really saw much growth. It obviously likes the brighter light!!
The halides are on for 7 hours, and the actinics are on for 7 hours, part of that time, about 1 1/2 hours, the halides and actinics are lighting the tank.

anonome

Does anyone else have any corals that have blossomed since they bought them? I would love to see them.
This is a challenge to you all "old timers" , come on and pull out pics in your dusty "memory bank" and show us.