Hacked XBL accounts

aquaknight

Story is finally gaining some traction in the press, but a rash of XBL accounts have been compromised in the last few weeks, the hackers are buying xbox points with accounts with stored credit card information, and using it to buy stuff from Fifa 2011 and Fifa 2012. Microsoft and EA are both denying security issues. Results from Google are suggesting otherwise....
I checked my email this morning and had confirmation emails for a 4000 points pack, a 1600 points pack, and a 400 points pack. As well as a new "EA Master Account" registration email. Just got done with a 25min phone call with XBox support. The $80 in total, dollars charges will likely take the full 25days to be refunded, as the investigation team works on my case.
Just thought to spread the word here with anyone with a XBL account, or maybe a kid with one. My biggest thing is that I haven't even played xbox in 10months. The piece of crap RROD'ed out on me just before New Years last year.

S

siptang

I never store any credit card info on any system for that purpose. I'm scared of security compromise specially on a weak security base like game console... I only play on free ps3 network for that sole reason. Well that and my belief of not paying more for online play.

snakeblitz33

Well, least back in the old day, you couldn't get a persons credit card number off an Atari or Nintendo. Thanks for the heads up. I just use Netflix off my xbox. Now I'm thinking I probably would have been better off with a netflix enabled blueray player. heh.

S

siptang

I share a netflix account with a friend and I give him $40 a year. ;)