hammer growth sequence

fishgeek01

i have a hammer coral, right now the two primary polyps are splitting just as any lps does, and along the base of the flesh, i call it the skirt... i have about 10 or so little tiny polyps that have formed since i bought it abouit 3 months ago. it has grown in height and also girth, and has those polyps on it. the little polyps are building a long skinny skeleton under thier flesh, almost seems to me like they are trying to grow out from under the parent colony. Mine is under 2 150 watt halides and 2 130 watt actinic pc's

gatorwpb

Originally Posted by Fishgeek01
i have a hammer coral, right now the two primary polyps are splitting just as any lps does, and along the base of the flesh, i call it the skirt... i have about 10 or so little tiny polyps that have formed since i bought it abouit 3 months ago. it has grown in height and also girth, and has those polyps on it. the little polyps are building a long skinny skeleton under thier flesh, almost seems to me like they are trying to grow out from under the parent colony. Mine is under 2 150 watt halides and 2 130 watt actinic pc's
Mine is doing the same. The larger established polyps seem to split, but Ive got several tiny new polyps poking out from under the large older ones.