Hammer heard coral problems,,,HELP

big-fish

i was taking a look in my tank and my hammer head coral is letting out some weird white stuff,, it almost looks like a spider web,,, all my levels are fine and i dont have any fish that would eat it and i have had it since last summer,,,what should i do.

cowfishrule

its sliming up. something must of stressed it.
mine does it when i spot feed. by morning, its fine and all is normal again.

ci11337

something must have disturbed it, keep an eye on your levels and the coral. it should be fine

big-fish

when i do water changes it lets out a string of white stuff,,, this kind i am talking about is like is you were to take food coloring and drop it in water. ( it makes a puff of color) that's what coming out of it. i have only seen this if a coral is dieing.

ci11337

my tongue coral gets all slimy after water changes, i think it's because they get dust on them and they are gettin it off. If your water is fine and nothing is hurting it it should recover. I f not, it could just be one of those things, had a frogspawn drop dead for absolutely no reason once.

tinmanny

take a turky baster and puff some water at it if it blows out all scummy it has collected trash and is getting sick do this for a fiew days and see how it is doing you should see less and less each time you puff it
Ps I do not mean to blow it out of its shoes just puff water at it if it does not get enough flow it gets fungis in side of the shell around the head
I had that happin to a torch lost 5 heads befor I stopped it they need some flow
Oh if you smell it it will stink and you will smell it on your hands a while because it is dying