hand foot and mouth disease

geridoc

Take a look at this site for information about HFM. It isn't usually too serious, but looks like it could be uncomfortable for the week or so that it persists. Maybe a new fish in the tank would help distract your child.

mike22cha

Oh that sounds like that would be tough to go through. I'm pretty sure that reefreak would enjoy a new fish a little more than the child would though. Good luck I hope everything goes well for ya.

reefreak29

Originally Posted by coraljunky
Yep, my 2 yr old had it once.
how long did it last , did your child have fevers of 104

coraljunky

Originally Posted by reefreak29
how long did it last , did your child have fevers of 104
1 week+. He wouldnt eat for a few days, from pain. Fever shouldnt persist longer than 2-3 days. By the way, its extremely contagious bacteria infection. Oragel in his mouth seemed to help a little.

msez2u

wash, wash, wash, and no contact with any bodily fluids at all from the child. The virus that caused him to become sick is called Coxsackieviruse and it is very contagious. It can be passed from person to person on unwashed hands and surfaces contaminated by feces. It can also be spread through droplets of fluid sprayed into the air when he sneezes or coughs. So wash, wash, wash...this is not an illness she wants while pregant its very dangerous to a unborn child. NO kisses, no being sneezed on, No alot of things that mommys want to do atleast for a week. This virus only lasts in an outbreak for 3-7 days but can last without a host which is the body for a few days so just clean,clean,clean... buy some of those hand sanitizers and make him use them often and her as well and if you clean him up make sure you wash real good before touching her. This was a disease I picked to do one of my papers on in nursing school lol...

socal57che

I felt compelled to say that I misread the name of the thread. I have foot in mouth disease, not hand foot and mouth disease, so any input from me would be of no use to you. Sorry.

sepulatian

It is from fecal contamination. One of the kids my sister babysat for got it. Be sure to Clorox and Lysol everything in your house.