Hands down, the best alage eaters out there

golfish

I had a huge alage bloom (Derbasia) early last month due to the lousy Salifert PO4 test kits and a few unfound dead fish (the problems just keep coming) The water coming off my DI had a .09 PO4 reading on a Hannah Colorimeter and a .00 reading using two Salifert kits. Two weeks after swaping out the membrane and all the cartridges on my RODI, increasing my ZEOvit dosing and adding two Sea Hares the alage is all gone. I can't believe how fast these Sea Hares mowed that stuff down.
These critters are the best alage eaters I have ever seen. The only problem is that once the agale is gone you need to find a home for them.

I hate test kits. I also picked up a colorimeter (medusa) and like not having to figure out what color the sample is
Now I just need to hook up my deltec rowaphos reactor that I bought new last year...lol
Glad to hear the algae is under control. I always wondered how efficient the bunnies were. Pics in a few weeks??
SiF

E

eaglefan

I had a huge hair algae issue for a month or 2, bought 2 sea hare and tank was perfect in 10 days. These guys are the best I do agree. I liked to watch do there laps around my tank none stop eating. once they were done I brought them back to LFS

E

eaglefan

They look just like a slug I even let one crawl on my hand in the tank very weird feeling. But they get the job done

E

eaglefan

i have heard that if they die in your tank it will kill your entire tank but I don't think that is true one of my two died nothing happened. The other one was returned for store credit

wax32

Usually that's the more noxious of the nudi species that tend to nuke your tank, and even then they usually don't if they die from starvation. Mostly it's when they die from molestation that you have to worry.