Hang-on-sump skimmer?

mario

Can I use my Remora hang-on-tank as a hang-on-sump replacing the tube between the pump and the skimmer with a longer one?
I bought this skimmer last month and really don't want to replace it already but I will probably build a small sump/fuge for my 37 g.

oceana

Originally Posted by mario
Can I use my Remora hang-on-tank as a hang-on-sump replacing the tube between the pump and the skimmer with a longer one?
I bought this skimmer last month and really don't want to replace it already but I will probably build a small sump/fuge for my 37 g.
yes you can but you may want a stronger pump so that you dont reduce the effective skimming. also if your going to use it in your sump there is no reason you cant put the entire thing in the sump to reduce the length the tube needs to be.
just put the whole thing in the sump and prop it up. Then take a flat piece of plastic and run it at an angle from the skimmer outlet to the sump water line. this will do several things for you. it will almost eliminate the noise of the water crashing into the sump. and it will also thin out the water over a larger area allowing micro bubbles to dissapate quickly and easily. it will help with cooling. it will help with gas exchange. i can go on and on.
gl to ya