Has anyone ever had a sheephead in their tank?

rudedog40

How big a tank ya got? My last bay fishing trip, we caught about 8 of them. The one's we got were at least a foot long. I was told they were small for their size. One of the biggest ones caught weighed 17 lbs, and measured around 27 1/2". "Think we're gonna need a bigger boat."

earlybird

Originally Posted by rudedog40
How big a tank ya got? My last bay fishing trip, we caught about 8 of them. The one's we got were at least a foot long. I was told they were small for their size. One of the biggest ones caught weighed 17 lbs, and measured around 27 1/2". "Think we're gonna need a bigger boat."
WhooooWheee thats a big convict
Florida record is only 12 lbs.

skipperdz

no where near big enough for that lol i was curious. fl fish were brought up and that was one of them

grabbitt

When I was three, I tried to keep one that my sister had caught when I was living back on Siesta Key.
However, rather than putting it in my dad's fish tank, I put it in our swimming pool.
Poor guy never stood a chance

Therefor, to make this post of substantial take-away value rather than random, idiotic, and slightly disturbing, I will provide my brilliant insight:
One will probably survive in a large enough tank; however, make sure it is not filled with chlorine.
...or pool toys.
...or inflatable rafts.