HELP! Best refractometer? Regardless the brands? Regardless the low to high price?

I am in process to buy a refractometer after research and I could not find that similar topic.
Confusing subject regard to brand and price on refractometer as I do not want to overpay or underpay by being a sucker that equipment may or may not equal the quality as mid-price may function the same quality?
Price range from ---- to on-line petstores as of $30ish to top line in $160's range.
Regardless the brand of refractometer and will "$59.00" refractometer work the same as "$160.00" would as long it is label as "Refractometer" not hydrometer-type? Regardless the brand as long it is refractometer?
Thank for your assistance and to clarify things up before anyone go out to shop this one.

Sharks, Are you :notsure: ?
Are you :speak: -mute?
Come on! This is a forum open for debates, educations, and share us your experience or knowledges.

Slow replying...... What's happening? or is it just me?
How can I post this copy on all caterogy (ie: New Hobby, Fish only, Reef,Disease, and etc) that way someone can reply faster than DIY and equipment caterogy. I need some feedback on refractometer before I go and buy as there is many places that are offering "Sale" price for that I dont want to miss such opportunity.
Thanks

shanev

Im not a shark but I know posting the same thread across all forums is not allowed.
That being said I cant tell you the difference between different refractometers, but I got mine off ---- for around ~45.00 and am very happy with it. IMO the thing to look out for is ATC. Automatic Temperature Compesation so you dont have to use math to figure out your salinity.

I bought my refractormeter from e-bay over a year ago. Works great! Mine compensates for temperature with the screw driver for calibration. Very accurate!! There isn't much difference in the cheaper ones and the more expensive ones. I bought mine for 69.00 and I always check it against my Pinpoint Salinity Monitor.
It is well worth it. You wouldn't believe how off the plastic hydro's are!! Many times people don't notice it because the fish gets acclimated to the conditions, but for others, fish stress and parasites arises.
Based upon my experience, the difference is plus or minus .02 from the refractometer to the hydrometer.