Help ID Anemoneplease!

chevyblue96

All the clowns at the local LFS seem to LOVE this anemone, so I wanted to get one for my pair of clowns. I asked the store what it was, and they said they ordered it, and it was supposed to be a rose bubble? but that it is not one and they were not sure what it was...
Anyway, I brought it home.. and of course the clowns pay it no mind. However, do you know what kind it may be? Sorry for the horrible pics!
He has that maroon-ish color with some green kinda mixed in. I've tried searching and can't find one like him on swf

spanko

For a bubble tip anemone identification wet web has this to say.......
"Their columns (pedicles) are straight, columnar and smooth... that is, they lack the warty, raised verrucae of other large symbiotic anemone species. Usually brownish in color, some bases are green or reddish. Their oral discs are the same color as their tentacles."
The coloring IMO will vary according to the environment taken from and placed into as well as the care or lack thereof given to the animal during capture, transportation, and acclimation at the sometimes many points between capture and the final placement in your tank.

chevyblue96

Hmm.. On the outside his (I guess you call it foot/mouth area?) is the same purple/maroonish color, but the under side is white with a big brown spot in the center?
You believe it is a bubble tip?

spanko

Okay so we get the terminology straight, at least between us, the mouth is in the center of the tentacles, the area that looks like a slit. Is that the same color as the tentacles?
The column is exactly that, the area under the tentacles where it leads down to the place where it will attach to something which we can call the foot. What color is this area, are there any noticeable bumps on it?