help me on my stocklist

sargeboy

i have a 75g reef tank not much coral a little more than a year old. my current stocklist is one coral beauty angel, one green chromis, cleaner shrimp,green star polyps, bubble coral, and red mushrooms. i was hoping to get
2 purple firefish
1 carpenters wrasse
1 sixline wrasse
mated pair of skunk clownfish
1 yellow clown goby
1 midas blenny
1 royal gramma
1 neon cleaner goby
is this an okay stocklist i was also wanting 2 cleaner shrimp and a fire shrimp

browniebuck

"i have a 75g reef tank not much coral a little more than a year old. my current stocklist is one coral beauty angel, one green chromis, cleaner shrimp,green star polyps, bubble coral, and red mushrooms. i was hoping to get
2 purple firefish
1 carpenters wrasse
1 sixline wrasse
mated pair of skunk clownfish
1 yellow clown goby
1 midas blenny
1 royal gramma
1 neon cleaner goby"
I am going to say that you are overstocked....though not as grossly as it would appear, as most of your fish DO stay small. If I counted right, that would be 12 fish...which is pretty heavy for a 75, IMO.
In looking at your list, you have a LOT of purple-ish fish on your list (coral beauty, sixline wrasse, royal gramma, purple firefish) and a little yellow (midas blenny and yellow clown goby). One of the things that I did with my stocklist was to look at the different colors that you can find in saltwater fish (appropriate for your tank size) and try to vary things to get as much color as possible. If purple and yellow wasn't really your intention, you may want to take a look at this method before deciding on things.....but I think that if you stay with the smaller fish, you could probably get 8-10 without too much problem (assuming you have good filtration/LR, regular water changes, etc...).

sargeboy

that whole purple and yellowish thing was unintentional haha. i decided to get red firefish instead of purple firefish. i also am worried about the wrasse fighting so i am not getting the sixline. no neon goby either.
so my new stocklist is
2 red firefish
1 royal gramma
1 midas blenny
1 carpenters flaher wrasse
1 yellow clown goby
2 skunk clownfish
1 coral beauty angel
any errors here? any more room for anything else?

debbie

If i had that tank I would have 1 yellow tang, 1 royal gramma, 2 red firefish, school of chromis, 2 cleaner shrimp and your regular snails and crabs if you like.
I don't know about the yellow clown goby, they are pretty small and fit nicely into the nano tanks. In a tank of that size they might get bullied.
Make sure you have a lid over that tank as firefish love to jump (carpet surf) and believe me they will.
Do post some pics when you decide on what you are getting, we always love pictures.

sargeboy

my tank is well covered. i dont really like the chromis that much so a wrasse still. so this is my new stocklist.
2 firefish
1 royal gramma
1 carpenters wrasse
1 yellow tang
1 midas blenny
1 coral beauty angel
2 skunk clownfish

kacey

I have actually been told that basslets like the royal gramma will bully firefish. You might need to pick one or the other of them. :/

sargeboy

new stocklist
1 royal gramma
1 carpenters wrasse
1 midas blenny
1 coral beauty angel
2 skunk clowns
1 yellow tang
i decided to get the royal gramma instead of the two firefish is this any better? the only other thing i am okay with doing is getting 1 skunk clownfish if it is totally necessary