help me plz whats my limit max

i am going to get a 29g oceanic biocube and making it a reef tank.
question is how much fish is to much?
im going to name fish tell me if this is to much or if i can get more or where the cut off is..... plzzzzzzz give me ur input
2 nemos - max 3"
1 cout jester goby - max 2.5"
1 green clown goby - max 1.5"
1 panda goby - max 1"
2 purple firefish - max 3"
2 bangaii cardinal - max 3"
1 hi fin red banded goby - max 2"
1 flame angel - max 4"
this i would think, would be my cut off but not sure ill keep going

1 yellow head jawfish - max 4"
1 smith blenny - max 3"
1 yellow stripe clingfish - max 3"
ok thats all that intrests me and can fit in my tank with a different variety then well... all that i listed

ilovemytank

absolutely way too many. I have 25 fish in my tank ( 125 DT ) but I have massive power in filteration. A 29 bio cube is limited in space to certain size of filteration and then you need to consider the swimming range, level and behaviors of the fish. narrow that list to about a third of those. Have fun with this. Picking an initial stock list is fun but requires research for the long term success of the tank and the fish.

oceansidefish

Ok you can't mix most of the gobys you listed...I would say go with the clowns a yellow watchman and a sixline wrasse. You have WAAAAYYYY too many fish on that list. I say 4 max

awww man not even like this
1 nemos - max 3"
1 cout jester goby - max 2.5"
1 green clown goby - max 1.5"
1 panda goby - max 1"
1 purple firefish - max 3"
1 pajama cardinal - max 3" - i know that 1 can survive by itself
1 hi fin red banded goby - max 2"
1 flame angel - max 4"
oceansidefish u said that most of the gobies i mentioned arent compatible with each other can u mention them if u see this
if i have to many gobies can i keep at least the hi fin goby with the panda gobie and take out the jester goby and grren clown goby but i would love if i can keep the clown goby as well but if i can only keep 2 well then ill deal with the 2 but i can keep at least 2 in a 30g right...

paintballer768

I stop at 3 fish in my 24, thats still too many. If "nemos" = clownfish, Id say do the clown, the pj cardinal, and a goby. You listed 5 gobies there, only 1 will do well.

fishfreak1242

If you do get a pajama cardinal, get a pair otherwise you will never see it. I have one and not a pair and all he does is hang out in the back of the tank behide rocks where you cant see him. They do much better in groups.

teresaq

I would cut the panda gobie, they need a certain coral for long term survival. and the angel, the othe may be ok, though I would research the court jester also for long term survival. I never could get one to eat.
T
I would do
1 clown
1 green clown gobie
1 purple fire fish
1 red banded gobie

paintballer768

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/2804354
I would cut the panda gobie, they need a certain coral for long term survival. and the angel, the othe may be ok, though I would research the court jester also for long term survival. I never could get one to eat.
T
Ohh I remember now, they need a pocillopora to survive.

ok iv narrowed it down more i hope this is possible
1 nemos - max 3"
1 purple firefish - max 3"
1 pajama cardinal - max 3"
1 hi fin red banded goby - max 2"i cant take out this 1 because of the "symbiotic" pistol shrimp
1 flame angel - max 4"
plz let this be okay

meowzer

I'm no expert, but I would get 2 nemos...Mine love each other. ANd if you get a yellow watchman goby...THEY WILL JUMP OUT...LOL

prime311

Flame Angel would be way too stressed in that tank, they need a lot of rock to graze on more then you could realistically fit.

i was just hoping someone would say hey i have a 29g nano tank and have had a flame angel in there for 5 yrs but... no
ok the flame angel is officially out
but im guessing... the coral beauty angel is in the same category
if enough of u say it is, then same as the flame it will officially be out of my stock list

ilovemytank

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/2804807
I'm no expert, but I would get 2 nemos...Mine love each other. ANd if you get a yellow watchman goby...THEY WILL JUMP OUT...LOL
Ok, I know books say that the yellow watchman goby might jump out but I've never herd of one actualy doing this. Anyone else ? I agree with two nemos if you make sure they are a male and female. I know they can change but they are so easy to pick the --- of to start with.

1990jpyj

if it was me i would say get:
2 clowns
2 pajamas
1 fire fish
some type of cuc
thats about it.
i have a 14g and i have:
1 clown
1 damsel
2 peppermint shrimp
1 turbo snail
and i think its a little to crowded but thats just me. good luck with the 29g they are lots of fun.
if it was me though for what it sounds like you would like to do is get a bigger tank. i would probly do alot of reading and start out with a 55g. just my opinion though. thats how i started and i have the 55g with my nice fish and my 14g with the fish that are cool that i would really like to see alot of.

meowzer

YES, mine did last week. I had it 2 days, and I only have 1/2" (at the most) of open space in the back of my tank....so again...YES...they do jump out.

deejeff442

wow i have a 150 gallon and wished i would have gone bigger .
i have 2 clowns a foxface, purple tang ,demsel (only cause i cant catch him)
and a pulple fish i cant spell the name of and i was worried about 3 or 4 more fish.
maybe i will get a school of 20 anthias .just kidding.
it sure is easy to overload a tank.all the fish are beautifful.