Help on what is this?

naclh2o nut

Really neat looking pink thing. It is very tiny, about the size of a needle eyelet. It is growing today it is about twice that and has looks like 3 or 4 points sticking up. It is very bright pink/red and the points are the size of the end of a large needle. Looks to be hard. It just showed up on a rock that has a colt attached. It is so small that I can't see it on pictures. Will try to get one as it grows.
anyone have any idea where to start looking for what it might be, maybe I can find a picture of a larger one that looks like what I see. please give me a starting point.
Thanks,

naclh2o nut

Spanko,
Thanks, but I don't see it looking like that. This is bright red like this lettering, a lot more intense. The color is closer to a Chili coral but deeper. Like I said it is very small but it is so bright that it catches your eye as you look in. I will try to move the rock around and get a pic.

cranberry

Originally Posted by Keri
http:///forum/post/2953638
forminiferans?
Cranberry, do you have a good pic of these guys somewhere?
I agree that's the first thing that came to find. You know, I never took a pic of any... when the lights come on I see if there are any left in the one tank. I'm finally arranging my pictures (long overdue) and I noticed I didn't have one.

naclh2o nut

I have a pic but can't get the system to upload.
It has grown today and now looks like a crown. I will try to upload later.