Help Quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!

friction32

I have a Hawaiian Blue Spotted puffer and I noticed that when I came home today that on one side of it's body is grey looking and has no color or spots........Does anyone know what this may be and what to do about it????
THANKS

beth

Administrator
Staff member
How long have you had this fish? Aside from the grey area, do you note any other problems?
Can you post a picture?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a QT? What else do you note wrong? How was he doing until this? Has he eaten since you got him? Is he bloated at all?
Need more details.

friction32

Thanks for the quick reply's Beth......Hated to cut you short but I was on here and trying to get in touch with my lfs at the same time and they told me to bring the fish to them ASAP.They are a very knowlegable saltwater store.They put him in there QT tank and hopefully he will be fine.I couldn't get my camera to work or I would have posted a pic of him for you to see.I got him 4 days ago and he has been swimming and eating just fine.Today when I got home he was at the bottom of the tank almost on his side and had this greyish looking blotch on one side.No other signs of anything anywhere else on him.I will keep you posted on his progress.
and THANKS again for trying to help....:)

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Hope he makes it. By chance did he ever puff up? Or was he ever out of water?
These fish must never be removed from water.

friction32

I never seen him puff up but he was out of the water 2 times that I know of when removing him from the tank at the lfs and when I removed him from my tank.But only long enough to bag him.Would that do any harm??

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I can tell you that pufferfish should not be removed from water, even for a moment. If they attempt to puff do to stress, as would be logical for a fish being removed from water, the air, instead of water, can and will cause serious problems.