Help, taking apart tank?? Bobbitt Worm

socalnano24

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3129748
Angry, need sand, feed me I'm hungry!!!!!
hahaha, seriously. I find it really cool that cran has taken the oppurtunity to document it some more though. Can't wait to see some high resolutions shots.

cranberry

I think he's settling in. I couldn't turn on the light last night without him "dancing". Gonna try a different approach.

windlasher

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3129825
I think he's settling in. I couldn't turn on the light last night without him "dancing". Gonna try a different approach.
are you going to put some sand and rocks in? I would be interesting to see how he grows. another mouth to feed.

cranberry

He's going in a tank with all the goodies.... just trying to get a couple of clear shots first. Don't know if that will happen.

spanko

Here is some updated info from the guy on michigan reefers.
Here are a couple of pictures. Here is the "trophy" shot. Barry with "his" worm.

This one interesting. This is a web tunnel he built. It allowed him to travel between rocks. It starts out as a web then he adds coral frags and bits to it.

Now on display at Choice Aquariums. Anyone buying, I'm sure they will let it go cheap.

Here is the scary part to me. Choice set up a 10 gallon tank for it. They thought people might want to see what it looks like. They tossed in a couple of small rocks, nothing over 3 inches. It is gone! It dug its way into one of those rocks. So a 5 foot worm can hide in a 3 inch rock. If that doesn't scare you I don't know what in this hobby will.

socalnano24

gah thats creepy, especially the fact it hides in such small rock. Definitley investing in thick rubber gloves for next time I rearrange my rock

cranberry

He's built himself a little pile of rubble to make a nice entrance to his hole. I'm going to try and feed him in a bit.

lietz06

Yay! I was gettin scared when you weren't finding anything. I was thinking omg...she's torn apart everything and still hasn't found the nasty sucker! but yay...and congrats

So I wrote that before I read the 2nd page, lol! That is soo cool that Cranberry came n picked him up n now we get to see him for a bit longer, lol! For as disgusting as that creepy crawly is he sure in interesting. I loved his lil dance he did and the music was perfect! Anyways...cool thread:)

small triggers

freaky, crazy, and personally ICKY. (though i think Cranberrys opinion would be Crazy, Sexy Cool,lol). I have an aversion(sp?) to things that look like centipedes and spiders (therefore no sally lightfoots in my tank and god forbid i get a large worm ICKKKKK)I also would call cranberry to take it home, even though i HATE stuff like that i wont kill it, well not intentionally

cranberry

On my last shift :)
I can see all his webbing efforts.
This thing made my skin crawl as well. Especially when it was poking it head out of the water.