help with 55g mini aggro tank

E

eric b 125

as i square up the final purchases for my 125 reef, i want to use the rest of my equipment to start a 55g aggressive tank. here's what i'm thinking as far as a stocklist. pretty vague, but:
fuzzy dwarf lion
some kind of eel
some kind of dwarf angel
another filler fish.
pathetic, i know, any suggestions.

E

eric b 125

that sounds good! actually, i really like gold striped maroon clowns, maybe that's what i'll do.

halamaya

looking to do the same set up almost. Golden dwarf moray eel, kind of pricey but was just suggested to me. I got a blue spotted puffer so far, and Maroon clown.

wacky_volitan

Here's the stock list I once had in my own 55g aggressive:
(1) Snowflake Moray Eel
(1) Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish
(1) Tomato Clownfish
(3) Yellowtail Damsel
Similar to most others I know, but still a great list.

E

eric b 125

i agree with you on that. it's just that i have a 55 laying around w/ stand and canopy and all the extra equipment so i want to do something with the tank. i might go the seahorse route, for a new challenge since i'm gathering equipment for a 300 g aggro tank. hopefully i'll have everything together by august.

salt life

I hear ya, you could set the 55g up with those fish just get a small SFE and then transfer it over to your 300g when you get that running. The 55 will give it time to grow a bit. then after you get the 300g you can turn the 55 into a seahorse tank since they need pretty established tanks. just a thought...

lordlion

Your making people think that 55's won't house anything your basically saying it's a grow up tank but I don't know why I'm takin up for a 55 when I got a 265

salt life

Originally Posted by LordLion
http:///forum/post/2995180
Your making people think that 55's won't house anything your basically saying it's a grow up tank but I don't know why I'm takin up for a 55 when I got a 265
im talking about the SFE, not the other fish. my last post was saying he can get a small SFE for the 55 if he wants to make it an aggressive tank for the mean time until he gets the 300g going, then by that time the SFE will get some length on him and be a nice size to put in the 300g.
I'm not making people think anything so I don't know what your talking about, all my comments in this thread have been about putting a moray in a 55g tank.

aquaknight

What about a hawkfish over the clown or angel? Worried a large maroon or tomato might actually get too aggreressive...