help with snake

salt life

ok long story short, for the past week there has been a baby snake that keeps going back to my backyard and I find him in my pool. I made my pool into a pond so there is tadpols in there and all, so I think that is why he came back for them. so my question is how can I care for it? It's either a an eastern milk snake or a fox snake. and it rattles it's tale, but it doesn't have a rattler, (idk if all snakes do that). I set up a 10g for him with branches, water with some tadpols in it, dirt and some rocks. If the better thing is to let him go I will but he keeps coming back when I put him in someone elses yard across the street so he must be looking for food?

meowzer

You put the snake in your neighbors yard...LOL....I hate snakes....We had an 6' snake in our yard the other day...My dogs were going after it...and It was snapping at the dogs...as i am running around with a stick yelling for my husband...LOL...Well it was not a rattler (but tail rattled) so maybe snakes do that..
ANYWHO...WE SHOT IT!!!

salt life

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3062585
You put the snake in your neighbors yard...LOL....I hate snakes....We had an 6' snake in our yard the other day...My dogs were going after it...and It was snapping at the dogs...as i am running around with a stick yelling for my husband...LOL...Well it was not a rattler (but tail rattled) so maybe snakes do that..
ANYWHO...WE SHOT IT!!!
well I can't shoot a 5" snake lol, and yeah I hate my neighbors they are old grumpy people. so the snake can live happily in there yard but nope he likes my pool.

meowzer

Originally Posted by Salt Life
http:///forum/post/3062592
well I can't shoot a 5" snake lol, and yeah I hate my neighbors they are old grumpy people. so the snake can live happily in there yard but nope he likes my pool.

But you can chop it up with a garden hoe...LOL

aw2x3

If you can get pics of it, it'll help narrow down the species. Then, I can help you with proper diet, etc.
At that size, it probably is after the tadpoles. You can also hit up your local pet store and see if you can find some large roaches and crickets. It'll probably eat those too, while it's this young.

salt life

Originally Posted by AW2x3
http:///forum/post/3062707
If you can get pics of it, it'll help narrow down the species. Then, I can help you with proper diet, etc.
At that size, it probably is after the tadpoles. You can also hit up your local pet store and see if you can find some large roaches and crickets. It'll probably eat those too, while it's this young.
just the person I was hoping to get a response from!
well bad news if you wanna call it that, we had a bad storm since the last time I posted and the tank got like a quarter filled with water so I just let the little guy go, IF he comes back though I am gonna keep him and put the tank in my room. I guess if that is the case I will update the thread down the road. thank you anyway man.

alix2.0

snakes are great. our 25 year old red tail died last summer. im thinking about getting another one.
post some pics!

aw2x3

My collection just keeps growing. I recently aquired a female baby Retic. She's only about 24" right now, but give me a few years and she'll be 20' and around 180lb.
We're hitting up the local reptile show, that's tomorrow. I'm sure we'll come back with something. I'm hoping I find a good deal on a male albino Retic.

andezzzy

Yea there not that bad I have 3 of em, a supertiger retic a het tiger and a nelsons albino milksnake they are all very friendly

flower

I always liked non Venomous snakes, except black snakes. I hate killing mice and rats which also made nice pets, so I haven't kept any snakes as pets since my teen years.
If a snake isn't venomous why bother it? They are like the bunnies and racoons running around outside. You don't have to catch them or move them, they bother nothing and keep the population of frogs and rats down.
I don't like spiders but they may live outside to their hearts content. Invade the house and we have a problem...so it is with all other outside critters IMO