Help!?!?!

premilove

ok so i recently got a juvi picasso clown..he got along with my old clown, they both share their home with no problems. just today i noticed that it looks like 1 of his eyes is missing? i checked old pics and it looks like the other eye looks normal. the eye that i am worried about, has a little dot in the center of the eye cavity and i guess you can say a black bruise around the eye? i cant get a good pic of him..is he gona be ok? he swims normally, he was eating as of last night, im about to feed a little bit again to make sure hes doing ok..i really hope he will be ok

premilove

this site has fallen. it used to be informative but ppl reply to the dumbest threads i have ever seen before they reply to someone that needs help.

spanko

IDK looking at the pics you posted and some other pics on the net it is hard to tell what yours has that looks different. The pics are a tad fuzzy. To you think you could get a better and close picture and also post a picture of his other eye?
Did the eye ever look Normal? Certainly could have had a mishap and lost an eye I guess. If it is swimming normally and not bumping into things, and can see well enough to feed with the other fish I would suggest it would live out its life without too many problems.

meowzer

Originally Posted by premilove
http:///forum/post/3049299
this site has fallen. it used to be informative but ppl reply to the dumbest threads i have ever seen before they reply to someone that needs help.
I'm sorry, I would have gladly answered your question if I knew the answer

As Spanko said a better pic may help someone to see what the issue is.

mantisman51

The picture does make it tough to be very helpful. If its eye is missing, I'd get him qt'd quick. He will be vulnerable to any other hungry fish that smells/sees the damaged flesh and will get picked to death.

spanko

I disagree here, I would not stress the fish anymore than it may already be. Chasing it with a net and acclimating to a new tank would bee too much IMO.Keep up feeding, make sure you use a good vitamin like Selcon or Zoecon. Other than that there is not much you can do.

mantisman51

I had an angel that had got its' mouth damaged in a tussle with an angel. Overnight, with the moonglows on, its' face up to its' eye sockets were eaten off and the other fish were still picking and eating when I got up the next morning. If we went with that logic, we wouldn't QT our sick fish either-the added stress might finish them off, also. A serious injury makes them incredibly velnerable. They are more likely to die from predation than stress.

premilove

its really hardto get another pic..idk if i am taking the pics wrong? what settings should i use? any photo taking techniques? the fish had both eyes at one point below in the pic..as far as other tank mates, theres only another clown and a goby, nothing else..