Hey NMReef or Golfish need help with Euro Reef

old hermit

Well i have my new euro reef skimmer but i dont have a sump yet. what did you use to put it into. Do you have pics of it that i could see to get an idea. i need to get rid of this crappy prizim skimmer soon. thanks

nm reef

Congrads on the new skimmer. I built a DIY sump out of a 29 gal aquarium specifically designed for the Euroreef CS6-2 and my MagDrive 1200 return pump. You may need to design and build one for your own system. Mine is remote located in the room behind my display. Heres a pic...this is prior to installing everything but may give you a workable idea.

nm reef

Heres another view...if I can help in any way don't hesitate to ask...I'll be away tomorrow but I'll check back this evening and tomorrow evening. Good luck...once you get that skimmer going I'll be you'll be another pleased customer...its a quality product.

old hermit

looks good. my main display is a 29 gal hopefully a 55 after christmas. i may just use a 29 gal as a sump and display for a little bit until i get the 55 going. thanks for the pics. i didnt realize how big this thing would be. i bought the CS6-1. i will try to get this thing going this weekend.

danrw84

NMreef
will u check out my post about the sump question? building a 3 gal under my cabinent for my 29 gal..and pumping the water. i have no idea what to do, wondering if its better then going with the CPR hang on refug
thanks in advance

q

Hey NM:
I forgot to mention in another post but a mod you can do so that the sponge is not required to help eliminate air bubbles.
All it takes is some PCV pipe. But a "T" that is big enough to go on the output tube. A note of clarification, put it on the pice that slides to adjust the water height inside the chamber. I have the "T" positioned so that the top is open and then that leaves a 90 degree slot for the exit. Next buy the correct size of PCV pipe and run it as far as you want then a 90 degree fitting to point things back down and finally some more PCV to run the exit down to water level so you don't splash.
Hope it helps.

q

One more thing. I can't tell by the pic but I would stay with the reccomended water level height of 6-8 inches for the skimmer. It does change the opperation of the skimmer. On mine at least.

q

Yep, thats it.
I just extended the outlet a bit further so that the return pump would get first shot at it.

old hermit

well i have it all hooked up and running. this thing is great. in 2 hrs it has pulled out so much junk, more than my prizim did in a month. thanks for the help and ill try to get some pics soon.