hey verizon people

alix2.0

my phone is pissing me off. it wont charge. i know its the phone because i have 3 different chargers and tried them all. at first it would charge if you pushed down on the charger while it was in the phone but now it wont charge at all. my question is: is this something verizon will fix for me or do i need to buy yet another new phone? i didnt get the phone from the store, i got it off the 'bay, so it doesnt have a warranty or anything, that im aware of. all i got with it was the charger.

tank a holic

99% chance the battery's junk
and no verizon wont replace that
I dunno what one would cost, depends on the phone

alix2.0

i am brilliant. im just gonna go on the 'bay and buy a cheap broken enV that can at least charge, and charge my battery in that. voila! sleep deprivation makes you creative, remember that, kids.

alix2.0

Originally Posted by tank a holic
http:///forum/post/3106327
99% chance the battery's junk
and no verizon wont replace that
I dunno what one would cost, depends on the phone
the battery is fine, its the friggin charger port. aparrently its a common problem with these phones.
what about GOOD phones? cant you sell GOOD phones, dad?

dragonzim

You can often find external chargers for a lot of phone and camera batteries that you just put the battery in and plug into the wall. If you can find one that may be cheaper than buying another phone just to use to charge your battery.
Does that phone use a standard mini USB port to charge or does it have a proprietary charging port? I've found that the ones that use the USB port to charge do much better long term than ones that use a proprietary port. I manage my company's wireless account and have about 30 phones that I help my users with...
The plug from your charger would look like this if it was Mini USB

kjr_trig

I once had a little piece of "gunk" stuck in the port that was keeping mine from taking a charge once.
I assume you are not able to up your contract, I just got a free enV 3 from wirefly.com for re-upping my contract.

pezenfuego

Just give it a good 1990's game cartridge blow.

But I like the camera battery idea

I wish phones took regular old batteries because after a few months of use, phones tend to lose the capability of keeping a charge. I'm sure that isn't your problem, but it sucks nonetheless. Good luck with your phone.

stdreb27

If it is a problem with the charging port and isn't a water damage problem, go to Verizon (a corporate store not a authorized retailer), they may replace the phone. If it isn't under their warranty they also have the ability to replace the phone for a fee (used to be 50 bucks). I've gotten them to replace a defective phone purchased from a third party online. But I have no idea if their policy has changed since I've done that.

alix2.0

thanks for the help everyone, dragonzim, i have no idea if its a USB charge-thingy. it doesnt look like a computer USB-thingy. just a normal phone charger-thingy. kjr_trig, i dont own the contract so i cant do anything to it, but if i did i would definately be checking that out.
i have no idea where id find a corporate verizon, but there is a "verizon store" across the street from where i work. i guess ill take it over there, and if they cant help me, ill have to figure something else out. my search for a broken phone to charge mine with isnt going so well, aparrently everyone has the same idea i do.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by alix2.0
http:///forum/post/3106544
thanks for the help everyone, dragonzim, i have no idea if its a USB charge-thingy. it doesnt look like a computer USB-thingy. just a normal phone charger-thingy. kjr_trig, i dont own the contract so i cant do anything to it, but if i did i would definately be checking that out.
i have no idea where id find a corporate verizon, but there is a "verizon store" across the street from where i work. i guess ill take it over there, and if they cant help me, ill have to figure something else out. my search for a broken phone to charge mine with isnt going so well, aparrently everyone has the same idea i do.
You can search on their website, they differentiate between an authorized retailer and a corporate store.