HOOD PICS for TheJewler

ratrod

Here's the hood pics for the 350g system I tried to build the hood for conveinence. There's the top quick access lid and then the entire hood lifts up as well. Because I have my hands in the reef it seems like every day I wanted to figure out a way to get the entire hood out of my way with realative ease. Here's how I did it. The hood with all the gear weighs about 130 pounds so the entire hood itself is hinged to the wall behind it. There is a cable and set of pulleys that run from the center of the top of the lid that disapear into the wall and go up in the attic over another set of pulleys with a 100 pounds weight that make the hood weight zero, you can lift the whole hood with one finger in the postion thats shown and it stays up in the air. The ballasts for the hallides are under the tank itself, you cant see it in the pics but the hood is vented up through the wall and into the attic as well to help with the heat from the hallides. The hood is currently equiped with 4 160w 72" URI VHO's and 4 250w 10k MH and 2 400w 14k MH