Yellow Leaf fish (Scorpion)
Coral Hogfish
Snowflake Eel
Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish
Yellow Tang
Klunzinger's Wrasse
Indigo Hamlet
Bannerfish
Saddleback Butterflyfish (Chaetodon ephippium)

snakeblitz33

I think your being a bit ambitious there, spongey.
How big is this tank and what kind of filtration are you running? Is this a fish only system or a reef?
Scorps for the most part are better left off in species only tanks. Same with lionfish - mixing scorps and lions in the same tank shouldn't be an issue - and I even recommend talking to saxman (Greg Hicks) lionfishlair.com about your predator questions.
Most eels are better off in 100+ gallon systems and larger. They don't stay small for long!

spongeycrab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/394466/hopefull-fish-list-for-100-gal#post_3511056
I think your being a bit ambitious there, spongey.
How big is this tank and what kind of filtration are you running? Is this a fish only system or a reef?
Scorps for the most part are better left off in species only tanks. Same with lionfish - mixing scorps and lions in the same tank shouldn't be an issue - and I even recommend talking to saxman (Greg Hicks) lionfishlair.com about your predator questions.
Most eels are better off in 100+ gallon systems and larger. They don't stay small for long!
It's a 100 gal. FOWLR, I think I'm just going to do a wet/dry & skimmer and I know it's not recommended but I'm trying to make it as cheap as possible. I'll make sure and talk to sax.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongeycrab http:///t/394466/hopefull-fish-list-for-100-gal#post_3511062
It's a 100 gal. FOWLR, I think I'm just going to do a wet/dry & skimmer and I know it's not recommended but I'm trying to make it as cheap as possible. I'll make sure and talk to sax.
Saxman will know for certain, 100g tank...very cool. I always had a reef, so I don't know anything about most of the fish you have listed, so I'm just kind of watching to see what you decide to keep in the end. Stock lists always change.

S

saxman

I responded to your PM, but the leaf fish would suffer from food competition in that mix unless it's a solid stick or net-feeder and you can target feed it. That mix of fish is pretty aggressive when it comes to feeding, and a leaf scorp just isn't equipped to handle that.

spongeycrab

Saxman will know for certain, 100g tank...very cool. I always had a reef, so I don't know anything about most of the fish you have listed, so I'm just kind of watching to see what you decide to keep in the end. Stock lists always change.
Thanks flower! :hi:

spongeycrab

Ok, what do you guys think about this list?
Freckled Hawkfish
Coral Hogfish
Snowflake Eel
Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish
Yellow Tang
Indigo Hamlet
Pair of Bird Wrasse
Dragon Wrasse (I know of it's rock moving nature)
Maroon Clownfish

mr. limpid

Hawkfish and eels don't mix. It also sounds like the hawk should be last guy in or he will harass new comers, very territorial.

mr. limpid

Per the compatibility chart I go by says no. Size dosn't matter, maybe because they like to perch makes them easy prey. I'm not sure I just go by the chart.

S

saxman

IME, in terms of SFEs and predation, it really doesn't matter how big a potential prey item is. If the eel decides it wants whatever the fish in question is, it will actually tear chunks out of the fish's side, or bite off the head/tail. I've seen it happen. As for the hawk harassing the eel, my longnose hawk never bothered my SFE.