how close to maxxed out am i?

seasalt101

i have asked this question b4 with no response, so i'm trying again, i have a 150 gal. and 55 gal. sump/fuge, i know clean-up don't count towards bio-load so i won't list them, i have 1 blue devil damsel, 4 green chromis, 1 tomato clown, 1 lawnmower blennie, 1 golden headed sleeper gobie, 1 royal gramma, 1 firefish, 1 coral beauty, 1 yellow tang that is what i got i would like to add 3-4 more fish eventually,reef safe any response welcomed and appreciated thanks tobin :happyfish

fedukeford

Since most of those fish stay pretty small, id say you could fit mabey 3 small fish MAX. How about 1 male and 2 female squareback anthias? Or mabey a hippo tang?

seasalt101

was thinking about the hippo, actually on the list, was also looking at those barbershop gobies, and in a few months a spotted mandarin after tank is more established everything should get along in there, thanks feduke i do respect your opinion tobin :happyfish

fedukeford

IMO dont get another goby, you already have 2, i think 3 would be pushing it. But, the manderin should be ok.

seasalt101

you don't think the barberpole would blend? i figured it/they would hang with the firefish, the sleeper pretty much has his spot that he stays close to anymore suggestions? thanks everyone tobin :happyfish

sharkboy13

OMG UR WAAY OVERSTOCKED!!! jk, ya since most of those fish stay pretty small go w/ 3 more fish. remind me what the dimensions of a 150 r, but for the moment i would suggest a ventralis anthias, and a pair copperband butterflies, or a trio of banggais wouldnt be so bad

seasalt101

it's 6ft,x 18in.w x 28in. deep oh yeah the gf wants a pj cardinal in the mix somewhere, i think they're boring(colored anyway) hopefully they are personable, i like the vibrant colors on alot of the other sw species that is what got me in this hobby to begin with, i am getting off track here sorry, anymore suggestions? thanks tobin

cwgibson

Originally Posted by hot883
yellow eye Kole Tang, a couple heniochious Butterflies (bannerfish)
you need three not 2 dont you? kole is awsome!!

seasalt101

i already have a coral beauty angel but those other angels are some cool fish are those butterflies reef safe? thanks again for the replies, i'm sitting in the hospital undergoing my last chemo treatment will be here all week so if my questions or answers seem off i'm blaming the meds
thanks again tobin

seattle

Sorry to say but every thing I read EXCEPT for here said a half an inch of fish per 4 gallons and after some months pass it can go to 1 inch per 2 gallons...Personally those are all teeny-tiny fish for a 150gallon....Maybe get rid of some of the smaller fishes ideal for small tanks and get a Large Angel or 2 :jumping: Just my opinion....
I agree with Hot a group of Bannerfish would be good...I heard they are reef safe Butterflyfish ***)

seattle

I just say Bannerfish cause I LOVE Butterflyfish the most out of any group of fish.Due to peacefull-ness,The fact that most are my favorite colors,some stay small,Good community fish,The colorfull ones are hardy, and yeah
I think you should go with the Kole Tang and Bannerfish they both Hardy reef-safe additions to any tank 55+