How do I get rid of Caulerpa?

dfimble

I introduced 3 different forms of Caulerpa (feather, bubble, & leaf) about 3 months ago and now I need to get rid of them. Anyone know what fish/critter will eat them? (Especially the bubble)
My problem is that they have taken over my tank. The bubble has completely engulfed 1 pieces of coral and I can't seem to get it all off.
I have red & blue legged hermits and a purple tang, none of which seem the least bit interested in dining on the plant matter.
Thanks in advance
David

luke

The easiest way would be to just go in and tear it out. I would say get a tang, but you already have one :)
Luke

nm reef

Your display sounds like my refugium...personally what you are going thru is why I'd never attempt caluperas in my display! At this point either a predator to consume it or manually remove it(you might even be able to take it to a trusted LFS for re-sale)....heck send it to me...always room for more in my refugium.....good luck

von_rahvin

yep get a refugium and just rip them out of you rock. i have to "harvest "my macro algea. I was holding a queen angel for a fiend of mine in one of my smaller tanks, and i threw a bunch of cuolp in there just becasue i did not have a place to put it. in a matter of a few hours the queen ate the entire thing. It was amazing to watch her eat. so some things do eat it you just have to find them