How hard is a Nano?

laxzach

I have heard the smaller the tank the harder it is to keep the water perameters lvl. Just how hard is it? How often do you test your water and how often do you add things?

krazekajin

I believe that they are just as easy, but they must be monitored. I have a 10gallon nano. I set it up on a whim with two HOB filters. It has about 15lbs of live rock in it with 1 green chromis, one shrimp goby and two false P Clowns. That is too many fish, but they are just chilling out while I get my 50gallon up and running. But while I struggle with algea and cyno (because of the bioload), all are doign good and infact my coraline algea is going crazy. I love it. I just have to be careful with waterchanges and make sure I top off regularly.

sig45

i have a 12 gal. nano , i have had it maybe 9 weeks, this is my first tank and i find it rather easy, i do a water change every couple weeks. test a couple times a month. this is what i think if you get your water right its probely not going to change that much unless a major change happends in the tank, this is just what i think. so there you go.

kev

I have a 10 nano. Do a 1 gal a week water change, and top it off everyother day or so. Keep the fish small and only 1 or 2. Then Load it up with corals. I have been keeping large green hairy mushrooms, finger leather, kenya tree thats fragged itself twice, and about four random mushrooms, under a 80W PC fixture. I don't even add any calcium or anything, just the water changes. Had all of these thriving with very little tending to tank too much. Not hard stuff at all really. Just keep up with the maintaince and dont slack on that and youll be cool. HTH
P.S. Use only RODI water, no tap. And a little DT's might help everynow and then with the corals.