How long can a lion fish not eat and still b healthy

Since my old lion fish did pass away, I purchased a young on. He is a cute fish but can't seem to get him to eat anything but live small fish. I didn't have this problem with my other lion. My other fish in tank love the silverside. I have tried to move the piece of silverside from behind him and them move it away from him. The other fish go after it but not the lion. I did break down twice and fed him gold fish. This fish so stubborn. What else can I do can I leave him alone to get very hungry?? How long is it safe to leave him with no food. How can one use a length of fishing line? I can't the pce of fish to stay on, so using a pce of broom straw, as thin as I can find. So help pls
thks for all your help with my other lion who has gone ti fish heaven. He was beautiful

tonysi

Hi, never feed saltwater fish fresh water feeders, try feeding live ghost shrimp and slowly ween him onto silver sides. They sell tongs that you can buy instead of using fishing line or a broom straw. Lion fish can go a few days without eating as long as they have a full tummy. Good luck

I don't think my lion has a full belly, about a week, almost a week, I gave him a gf. which isn't good I know but all he would eat

tonysi

You might have to resort to an online source for feeders for your lion or you can always just buy small damsels and feed him some pricey food.