How many emrald crabs?

hiddenicon

i have a 30 galleon tank and its about 1/3 covered with some bubble algea so how many emrald crabs should i get?

meadbhb

I have a 37 gallon with two emeralds in there. I also had bubble algae...I was lucky and got two that like the stuff. I only have one bubble left after about 2 weeks.
Meadbhb

T

tizzo

You can also remove the rock, sit down cozy like in front of a trash can with a bowl of tank water near you, then start tweezing those bad boys. I try to keep the rock under water while I do it, incase of any hitch-hikers on the rock. It'll slow down the spread, but it hasn't eliminated it in my tank. I have it in places I can't get to. Tiny holes in the rock...

elfdoctors

At one point I had 8 emeralds in my 75 gallon. They were my wife's favorite creature in the tank. They also fixed my bubble algae problem. However, as they have gotten larger, they have started to get aggressive. I have seen them eat off the ends of my starfish's legs. I am considering removing them.

wwfstyle

I have only 2 in my 75 and they have been in there for about 7 months now or longer and haven't been picking on anything. I also had a big problem but I thought that if I get a couple then they will evetually get rid of it all. In that small of a tank I would only get 1 so he also can slowly work on it. If you get 2 then after that algea is all gone what will they eat for food? So go with only 1.

armlocker

I have 2 in a 30 gallon, don't see much of them they're always picking growth off the LR usually out of sight. Fun to watch when they do come out though.