How much for this 180g tank......

jayfan

I'm looking to buy this set up off of Criagslist....what do you think it's worth (ballpark)? They are asking $1400. Thanks!!!!

180 Gallon Tank/Stand/Canopy
3- 96w Ballosts Pc's under canopy
29 Gallon Hospital Tank
50 Gallon Sump/Fuge
Quiet One Return Pump
MSX-200 Skimmer
FilterGuys Ocean Reef +1 RODI
2 Koralia 4's
BNIB Phosphate reactor
2 35 Gallon Water storage bins One has float valve ( NO OVERFILLING)
150+ pounds live rock
all accesories to go with it ( magfloat, extra sand, python, nano koralia, maxijet 400 etc etc)
Inhabitants
Porc Puffer
Niger Trigger
Powder Brown Tang
Flame Angel
4 Chromis
False Perc
Peppermint shrimp

ophiura

Well, it depends on the age and how things look. But overall if the tank is up and running, and it doesn't look really cruddy...I think it is a good deal, personally...but I am assuming everything is good even down to the LR. A bit weak on the lighting side but obviously it is basically a FOWLR.

jayfan

It is up and running, and looks good.... looks as if things were properly maintained over the years.

egill

Offer them $1000 and see what happens. I did the same thing couple months ago with a 240g and it came with everything pluse extra equipment. Guy wanted $1500 and I offered him $1000 and he took it.

jayfan

Actually the price WAS $1600, and I have them down to $1400.... and they won't sell it for less than that.

scsinet

Is the tank reef ready (drilled) or just a normal tank?
IMO that's the tippoing point. If it's a drilled tank, you're probably getting away with a decent deal. If not, it might be a tad high.

scsinet

Well an aga 180 with built in overflows retails here for about $750 new, that price probably varies some around the country. But given that, I'd say your price is probably pretty decent (as long as the seals are intact).

jayfan

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3157809
Tanks are selling used for dirt cheap. I would offer lower than 1000.
What kind of skimmer is that?
I don't see many "large" tanks for dirt cheap in the CT area....I've looked in NY, RI and Mass. There is quite a bit of extra equipment I feel..... and I could use that RO/DI for my 90 gallon as well!!!

ophiura

I really don't see why 1400 would be bad if you can manage it. If they said they won't go under 1400 and you low ball under 1000, as suggested, don't be surprised if they are not interested in your business.
People are selling tanks dirt cheap...and a lot are being hounded for cheap prices by even fellow club folks in my area. So many are just packing it into the garage rather, in the opinion of some, being insulted. I've seen some cruddy tanks that are real dirty...but otherwise for all that equipment, LR, livestock...and clean as you say?
Seems reasonable.

Any chance for a picture?

jackri

It's funny on how when you buy everything new and spend 4k on something no one blinks twice... but buy something used set up and nice looking for 1400 and it's not good enough.
I say a very fair deal if you're happy with what you are getting.

jayfan

Here is the link....which includes one picture. I have asked them to email me somemore pics of the whole setup.

PS... not sure if this is agaist the rules...if it is I apologize as I'm new here!
(I put the picture in...
Ophiura)

jackri

Yeah, it's actually clean and a very pretty stand. Tough to touch that buying it new. You could find a dirty ugly one cheaper but.... isn't the whole eye appeal the idea?

jayfan

I've asked for somemore pics from the owner....but they are stalling! Making me a little nervous.... if it happens it happnes, more deals out there anyway!!!