Hunters? Fisherman? Gunslingers?

mimzy

I've been through a bajillion posts on this site and I'm convinced that there are quite a few hunters and gun-lovers on this board... :thinking:
Holla back if y'all like to hunt/fish/play with guns, and share with us what you hunt/fish for/carry!
My Husband likes to hunt boar with his uncles when he goes down to Texas.
I don't hunt, but I do love killing paper and blowing up clays! :joy:
We've got a remmington 870 12g shotgun
Bushmaster's AR15
Springfield bolt action
and a crazy russian-made air-rifle
I'm also working on getting a Benelli Nova (20g) for trap, and my Husband just inherited one of his Grandfather's pristine lever-guns. Don't have 'em yet, but the family's growin!! :happy:

reefnut

I used to hunt and fish and all that... hard to find the time now days. We do still go out shooting some. Not sure of the makes off hand but I have a 22cal Pistol, 9mm Pistol, 7mm Mag Rifle, 223 Rifle (the 223 is for my oldest daughter whom always out shoots me... must be the gun, lol) & a 20gage Shotgun. We also enjoy killing paper and blowing up clays!! :joy:

fuax

I am an avid hunter. I hunt in Fla (north and south), Georgia, Maryland, and Delaware .
Deer, hog, upland bird, and water fowl
I use everything from my bow, crossbow, blackpowder rifle, shotgun, and rifle.
I am also a long gun collector.

floorguy

Starting to get that itch. I hunt deer, turkey, wabbit, some game birds not very much. I have a remington 870 express, chinese sks w/dot scope, savage 30/06, S&W 9mm, 22lr with dot scope man them dot scopes are fun, pluck golf balls at 100 yds cant forget my PSE bow cost more than any 2 guns i own.

michelle l

I don't hunt (sorry, I'm an avid animal lover) but I do love to shoot on the range. I pretty much suck at it, but my favorite gun that I have shot is my friend's AR15. It was a blast (no pun intended!) I remember he had a Desert Eagle that had both a .44 and a .50 calibur interchangable barrel. I shot the .44, and it about put me on the ground. (I'm kinda puny) After that, I have been a little scared of the big handguns!!

mimzy

Desert Eagle, huh? Hey Michelle, was your friend in the Israeli army, by any chance? :thinking:
By the way... WHERE did you get a smiley with an FAL??? :joy:

michelle l

Nah, my friend was just an avid gun collector at one time. He had several rifles, one of which I swear was an elephant gun LOL, a couple of Glocks, a Kimber, a Walther, the AR15, and several handguns that I never saw. When he and his wife divorced, the collection had to go, unfortunately. I think he still has a few, but he didn't keep the Desert Eagle for long. I think it was just too massive even for him to use, and the ammo was really pricey. This post makes him sound like a lunatic with an obsession with guns, but he is actually a cop now. He just loves firepower.
The smiley came from a website where you can copy/paste it to message forums. Can I post a link here or is that illegal?? if so, I can mail you a link privately!

fishking

i fish saltwater and fresh, two weekends ago i caught my first 28" striper, im also gonna get a remington 870 and ar-15, how much did u guys buy your ar-15 for up in nj it is 959 for one

hot883

Can't wait for archery season to open (deer) because this year I will turn 40. AAAAAHHHHH! But I will be ok. I love to hunt and fish and being retired I get to do all I want. From 1 Oct (archery) until around Apr. my loving wife of 18 years knows I am HUNTING/FISHING. So all "honey does" should be requested way in advance. Ha!

mimzy

Fish King, e-mail me - I'll refer you to my Husband - he's on an awesome AR board and he knows where to get 'em. Mimzywhimzy@yahoo.com
We live in NJ as well, so we feel your pain - boy do we ever.

bergamer

I don't hunt any longer, I feel guilty.
but I do have a colt combat commander 45 with laser grip sights flat chrome, hollowed out slide, pachmeyer (spelled somehow - it came with the gun) grip (which I removed for the lazer grip) and safety.
I also have a 12 gauge mossburg (bought it the day I turned 18)
and my fav gun: :)
made in 1943 (I looked up the serial number) my nazi killer. GI issue m1 carbine in perfect condition. all original with cool markings and the original 30rnd clip.
made by postal meter
this was a great find, my friend bought a house and after living there for a year he was looking in the garage and found it in a hidden corner. It was probably there since the end of the war as he was the second owner of the home. he sold it to me for 300 and I had it transfered to me.

fishnerd

Bergamer, you stole that weapon.
I am a non hunting gun nut, and I am C&R licensed (BATF licensed collector of curios and relics)

acehigh

I hunt and fish. Don't really like hunting too much, its allright and i go deer hunting but theres too much of doing nothing. Fishing is fun but I like saltwater fishing a hella lot more than freshwater. I love shooting guns though. I have a bunch of shotguns and riffles, no pistols (yet). Lookin to get a desert eagle, but they're too expensive right now.

bergamer

Originally Posted by fishnerd
Bergamer, you stole that weapon.
I am a non hunting gun nut, and I am C&R licensed (BATF licensed collector of curios and relics)

I DID NOT STEAL THAT WEAPON!!!!!
that gun was legally transfered to my friend upon the sale of the house he bought.
then i bought it off my friend

fishnerd

Originally Posted by bergamer
I DID NOT STEAL THAT WEAPON!!!!!
that gun was legally transfered to my friend upon the sale of the house he bought.
then i bought it off my friend
Relax dude, I meant you got a REALLY good deal. As in "That deal was a steal".

floorguy

Originally Posted by fishnerd
Depending on condition, matching/all original parts... I would guess $1,000- $2,000.
man if thats the 30/06 M-1Garand than thats a bad mamborjamba and highly sought after. there is also a 30 cal m1 that is also a mean piece what everone it is good for you.