I am a huge fan of the Cleveland Indians, therefore I am a racist! (says people around here)

This little image has been making its way around the Facebook pages in northeast Ohio the past few weeks, with opening day being today. It happens every year, but for some reason this year has been of particular interest to the "everything is racist" crowd.

Maybe I am completely blinded by my loyalty to the team. Are the Cleveland Indians, and their logo really THAT offensive?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I think you'd have to ask Native Americans that question. In Fla we have the Seminoles for the college football team of Fla. State U. The Seminole Tribe native to FLA have officially embraced this however.

2quills

Out of all the teams representing the Natives, Cleveland would seem the most offensive to me, followed by the Red Skins. The Seminoles are non offensive to me since its a more accurate representation of Native Americans.

aggiealum

This little image has been making its way around the Facebook pages in northeast Ohio the past few weeks, with opening day being today.  It happens every year, but for some reason this year has been of particular interest to the "everything is racist" crowd.
Maybe I am completely blinded by my loyalty to the team.  Are the Cleveland Indians, and their logo really THAT offensive?
Maybeum, needum, to change the color of their mascot from red to beige. How.