I go to court today: parental rights

scotts

Cool, I was hoping it was sooner than later. Glad to see you are so happy about it also, warms my heart.

trippkid

Good luck, I really hope everything works out for you in the future. I probably sound like a woman, but as a stay at home dad, my kids are everything to me, and I can't imagine going through something like this. Again, I hope the courts will do the "right" thing for you in the near future, keep fighting and be strong, hopefully you will get custody of her, if that is what you are going for.

Matt

grumpygils

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
today I go to court to fight for my parental rights. the mother of my child has been denying me visitation for the last 9 months my child has been alive. the system has finnaly drug its feet around to saying we should come to court to figure it out........ 9 months. I have only seen my daughter 4 times so far. it would have only been three but I had some friends set the mother up so she happened to be at the same place I was with the child. she is doing all kinds of incredibly stupid things. with the child support claim she filled the paperwork out saying she needed more money so she can get into subsidized houseing so her and the child have a place to live, she owns a $76,000+ house on a lake. free and clear of any paynments or mortgages. theres more but I dont want to get too riled up. Its like she's hoping I'll just pay all kinds of money and stay away from my daughter. a snow ball stands a better chance in a convection oven. it makes me want to scream. I just hope she gets over the "lets use the child against him" thing before the klid is old enough to remember this stuff. I have no probhlem paying child support, but I want my kid too. I hate this.
Well?
Mc

deltablack22

Next time you go back bring the Judge some frags RZ... You are a shoe in for full custody if you hook it up right!!!

I'm happy to hear that they are allowing you to see your daughter though, its a step in the right direction if nothing else... Good luck man.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by grumpygils
Well?
Mc
see post #19... and read your way down. I am so excited.
Oh the final hearing will be in october. she didnt contest paternity, neither did I (obviously). DHHS reccomended a paternity test. its my kid I dont need a test to tell me that, the mother is not the best person in the world but she would not have cheated on me, if you new her you would agree, there isnt a single person who knows the mother and I that thinks otherwise. thats the only thing I trust her on. we were both true to our relationship when we had it. there were no lies between us then.... now I am the spited dumper, ex, (insert colourfull adjective here) person who broke her heart... so its a whole different ball game. I'll learn the rules as I go. I'm not really good at the F you game, and its not a game I want to play, I'm still steering for amicability.

integral9

is her first name Amy?
Yup. I'm her husband now. If you are thinking of the girl who was murdered a while back, that' a different girl. Talk about a freaky coincidence though. My wife has a copy of the book that was written about the investigation, "Finding Amy", and when she finally read it (took a while because to her it was like reading about your own death), even the details about the girl were so strikingly similar. Same names (all of them) same date of birth, place of birth, etc. The only difference was the high school the girl in the book went to.
Did you know either one?

perfectdark

WOW man good luck... I had no idea I stumbled upon this subject you mentioned in another thread. I have a daughter and I cannot imagine life without her. It's disturbing to hear how a mother could deny a father rights to their child just out of spite alone. I wish you all the good luck there is, inculding all of mine...because I have been saving my good luck for the lottery. But this is wayyy more important so you can have mine too.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by Integral9
Yup. I'm her husband now. If you are thinking of the girl who was murdered a while back, that' a different girl. Talk about a freaky coincidence though. My wife has a copy of the book that was written about the investigation, "Finding Amy", and when she finally read it (took a while because to her it was like reading about your own death), even the details about the girl were so strikingly similar. Same names (all of them) same date of birth, place of birth, etc. The only difference was the high school the girl in the book went to.
Did you know either one?
I didnt know an amy st. laurent was murdered, But I believe my sister may have gone to school with your wife possibly, how old is she.. or maybe better said, my sister is 31 is that about your wifes age?
or just ask her if she knew a "Semonie" thats my sisters name its a fairly uncommon name.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
WOW man good luck... I had no idea I stumbled upon this subject you mentioned in another thread. I have a daughter and I cannot imagine life without her. It's disturbing to hear how a mother could deny a father rights to their child just out of spite alone. I wish you all the good luck there is, inculding all of mine...because I have been saving my good luck for the lottery. But this is wayyy more important so you can have mine too.

thank you. I appreciate the support.

integral9

I didnt know an amy st. laurent was murdered, But I believe my sister may have gone to school with your wife possibly, how old is she.. or maybe better said, my sister is 31 is that about your wifes age?
or just ask her if she knew a "Semonie" thats my sisters name its a fairly uncommon name.
She said the name wasn't familiar, but she would have been a year or two ahead of my wife(we turned 30 this year). She said she would check her yearbook when she got home. Do you know what year your sister graduated? Class of '96, '97 or '98?

reefkprz

then Amy was probably in my freshman class I turn 30 in january. but I was only in belfast high for my freshman year and half of my sophmore year. I dont personally remember her but then again, I was pretty much socially inept as a teen. she may remember me in passing (though I doubt it)Erick chambers. I kind of hope not in a way because I was a total

[hr]
up as a kid.

integral9

I'll ask her if she remembers you. You might be surprised though.
Weren't we all ---- ups as kids? I know I was.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by b bauer
just like the hobby just be patient and it will work out
I'm trying to be as patient as possible, I'm not going to do anything dumb, but every second that passes is another second that I will never get back, they are only young once, I may get to enjoy every second of her teenage years. but her infant years wont happen ever again. I've been pretty much shut out for 9 months and 25days already.
when my daughter was born she was a preme, the mother did not call me or have anyone call me to tell me the baby was being born as we had agreed 24/7 anytime day or night. I couldnt get my name on the birth certificate because she did not call me untill the birth certificate was already filed. she has since refused ANY voluntary signing of paternity. (wich would have ensured child support from day 1) by avoiding the voluntary paternity she has dragged it out so I now owe back child support even though I contacted DHHS with a letter stating I was the father and wanted to aknowledge paternity, once they file a case they have to pursue it in court and will not do a voluntary aknowledgement.... STUPID. they sent my daughter to a hospital 3 hours away from me, I drove down visited with her and had to return home that night for work after the hospital ensured me that she was stable and safe and that this was the best equipped hospital in the state for premature babies. it is, I checked. the next day I called to get an update on how she was doing, and the hospital told me that the mother had set up a pass code and no information was to be given out to anyone without the pass code, they told me that if I had been to visit I would have recieved the pass code................ the nurse refused to give her name or employee id so I could cite this later. and theres more and more. I know the laws in maine so well I could recite them. every turn has been nothing but a wall, she gets to steal the start of the life of my child from me with the states ok, hell it might as well be a blessing. and its exactly what she wants. I just want my daughter.
I generally havent spoken of her much on here as I usually prefer to keep the nitty grittys of my life low key. thanks to every one who has listened read, agrees, disagrees, comments, supports, this is the hardest thing I have EVER been through in my life. I've eaten out of dumpsters out of the nessecity to survive, I have slept in those same dumpsters to keep warm on a cold night, nothing has ever been this hard. nothing.

S

smartorl

While it is unfair, it will make those little arms giving you a hug all the more special. I know so many men and women who see their children every day and don't appreciate it or see it for the gift that it is. Your baby is lucky to have a father who cares so much in spite of limited contact. Always remember karma is a bitch!