I guess I will play

05xrunner

ahhh the shades of fall..I have been wanting to get some of that but I am not paying $80+s/h for 1/2" frag

myzislow

Thanks. Those were under a 150w 14k phoenix. I just swapped that out for a radium 20k and am loving it. Surprisingly it's a lot brighter and more white to the eye then the 14k phoenix is. It's supposed to have better PAR too. Most of the corals look a lot better under it as well..

tankgeeks

no actinic supplements i would assume?, what ballast are you using? keep up the good work, and if you have any pics under the new bulbs, please share!

myzislow

Nope no actinics with the sun pod. I'm using the stock current sun pod ballast that comes in the fixture, which is an HQI. I'll take some new pics tonight. Looking back at these it's amazing how much my SPS have grown since theses shots even tho it was just a short time ago. My sand dollar has doubles almost.

gatorwpb

What sunpod do you have? Is it 2x150w?
I have a 2x150w sunpod as well. Your colors are great for a 14k 150w!
And you see good growth too? I use a Aqualine AB 10k just trying to get the most PAR with a 150w MH.

tankgeeks

awesome! ill be awaiting the new pics. in the first pic all the way on the top left, is that the ora german green with blue polyp acro??? pictures that show growth progress are always interesting to see.... plus, ive always loved the pink sanddollar monti, hows the ora dustin deepwater doing for you? thats the only ora coral i have not had luck with.....

myzislow

Originally Posted by GatorWPB
http:///forum/post/2637876
What sunpod do you have? Is it 2x150w?
I have a 2x150w sunpod as well. Your colors are great for a 14k 150w!
And you see good growth too? I use a Aqualine AB 10k just trying to get the most PAR with a 150w MH.
Thanks. My sun pod is only a single 150w as my tank is only a 29g thats 30 inches long. I really liked the phoenix bulb, it gave me great colors with good growth as well. I think I'm liking this new radium 20k bulb tho; but it still has to burn in completely and I'm only 40 hours in so we will see here soon which I prefer. It's definitely not a standard 20k bulb though, that's for sure.

myzislow

Originally Posted by Tankgeeks
http:///forum/post/2637878
awesome! ill be awaiting the new pics. in the first pic all the way on the top left, is that the ora german green with blue polyp acro??? pictures that show growth progress are always interesting to see.... plus, ive always loved the pink sanddollar monti, hows the ora dustin deepwater doing for you? thats the only ora coral i have not had luck with.....

Yup, that's the german blue polyp, another favorite of mine. I've had it a long time now and the growth is really taking off. The dustins does awesome for me. Great color and relatively good growth for a slow grower. If only I could keep my clumsy hands from snapping the tip off..
Here are some some new shots I just snapped real fast:
New FTS(never mind the frags on sand):

Tubs:

sunset:

german blue, hawkins:

various SPS:

My favorite LPS;

my other colony:

setosa and RHCPM which is still adjusting to new bulb-not looking to hot right now:

hawkins again

tankgeeks

good stuff. is that a pink lemonade colony in the upper left portion of the rockwork?? if so how about a close up!!

myzislow

Originally Posted by cmaxwell39
http:///forum/post/2638850
Very nice. Looks much bigger than a 29.
Thanks. I can't wait to set up new, larger tank when I move to my new spot. I'm thinking a 65wide brace less(rimless) tank with a suspended pendant. I really like that look.

myzislow

Originally Posted by Tankgeeks
http:///forum/post/2639978
good stuff. is that a pink lemonade colony in the upper left portion of the rockwork?? if so how about a close up!!
Yup, it's finally starting to take off and I'm loving it. I've grown from a frag the size of my pink nail that had no branches, just a sliver off of the base of the mother colony. I'll have to try and take some closer up pics of it, but my camera sucks and it's hard .
In that middle pic there is:
Tyree pink lemonade Acropora Nasuta
Tyree Ponape Rainbow Acropora Rosaria
Tyree Lime in the sky Acropora I'm not sure lol
Atlantis Shades of Fall Acropora Nasuta
ORA german blue polyp Acropora
ORA super blue Acrpora Tenius in 3 different spots

ORA blue and green Acropora Tortusa
Blue Acropora Prostrata
Wild rainbow Montipora Danae colony
Purply polyped Montipora Verrucosa
Green on yellow Montipora Palewensis
and 2 unknown Acroporas that I have no clue what they are
I'll go try and snap a pic right now for you of the pink lemondade.