I have a huge problem

meowzer

Originally Posted by fitbmxdude989
http:///forum/post/3222693
that seems to be a problem too, the only place nearby wont cut 1/4 in
WHY????
WELLL...2 choices.....use it the way they are, just have them hang over a little
OR...go buy a diamond tip glass cutter and hope for the best...

well he said he always breaks 1/4 in,
,and i really dont want to let them go(its got to be up to snuff..lol), im think ill buy a cutter and hope for the best, would taping the glass help?

flower

http:///forum/post/3222670
i just bought two glass canopys for my tank and the are about 1/4 in too long, how should i go about cutting it?

Go back to the store, you bought a glass top for an old tank, the newer tanks have a thicker center brace so the glass won't fit. They have two sizes.

socal57che

Glass tops can hinder your gas transfer. I would take them back and use something else...like eggcrate or perforated plexiglass. reefkeeprz has some cool pics of his DIY grates in the DIY section. I'll see if I can dig them up.
**EDIT** I can't find the thread. Send reefkprz a PM and ask him about them. I'm pretty sure he was using acrylic sheets. **EDIT**

spanko

There is also a corner connector made from vinyl that I cannot find a picture of but look like these metal ones.

And of course the 3/8" pond netting.

I used 3/8 inch and double layered it. I had it single layered but my first yellow Head Jawfish jumped right through it. So now instead of one layer of a 3/8 inch square opening in the net i have the two layers crossed so that the square is a box with a X in it. You can see what I mean in the picture.

You can order 1/4" pond netting on line, however I did not only because I did not know if the fish would still be able to launch itself through the square hole. I was really surprised one day when my wife had my 2 year old granddaughter call me at work and tell me that the new jawfish was all dried up on the carpet!
all the supplies were from Lowe's except the pond net. They may even have that.
Don't have a full pic of mine but here is one another reefer made from the plans I gave him.

If you have a square tank it will be much easier because we had to trim for the bow front of the 29 biocube.

meowzer

LOL....YEAH...if you can, bring them back
I spent a fortune having glass tops made for my 225G....And I have eggcrate on top now :)
The glass lids are under my couch :(

well here's what i did, i bought a cutter and cut the glass(it worked out nicely) then i bought a diamond tipped bit and drilled holes about every inch all over the glass, ill put pics up later

florida joe

http:///forum/post/3222772
well here's what i did, i bought a cutter and cut the glass(it worked out nicely) then i bought a diamond tipped bit and drilled holes about every inch all over the glass, ill put pics up later
good for you