I know I might get some hate for this but one of my friends gave me his Niger trigger

So my friend gave me his Niger and the Lfs
store gives no refunds and he is with 3 crabs and a six line in a 38 moving up to a 55 in 2 months and my dad and mother love him he's eating and hangs out under a rock and comes out regularly I just had had him given to me yesterday and is in good condition and about 10 people said he'd be fine in a 55 for a while till we upgrade to 100 gallon

I feed him omega one natural protein formula,mysis shrimp,and getting krill is this a good diet? I feed him 3 times a day and he loves the omega one. I made the tank have 1 decoration and 2 small rock hides he loves he spits water and also I have led the middle and top area and most of the bottom for swim room I plan to get him another buddy because the Lfs said that a dogface puffer tomini tang 2 clarkis or maroons and a foxface would be good in a 55 gallon going up to a 90 or 100 gallon am I treating him right?

No way....you are looking at nearly 5 feet of fish in total length as adults in a 55 gal. A Dogface can get to over a foot. A Kole Tang is one of the smaller tangs and you said two so there is about 14 inches. A foxface can be like 9 inches. A Niger Trigger can be almost 8 or 9 inches. Clarkii clowns can get to be about 6 inches each. So with what you are saying, and as much as you are feeding, your fish will probably die in no time in a 55 gallon. Your nitrates will probably be through the roof. I dont see a problem with the combonation, just the tank size.

Just my 2 cents.

Ok so I will not get all those fish and I will just get some small ones and feed normally maybe just 2 percs and some charomis will a small tang work because I hear they keep nitrates down and if I keep the Niger will I end up needing a skimmer

jay0705

New to sw are u? Lol first never listen to the lfs. They want to make money and they do that by selling you fish. That said, yes the behavior is normal. Yes it will out grow a 55 fast. W the fish you want a 125 is more what you will need.

jay0705

Honestly he will prob eat the wrasse over time. Especially in a small tank. Blue throat triggers are more small fish compatible. Nigers are by far not the worse but model citizen they are not. If alone yes a yr you should be ok. Honestly the bigger the tank the easier it will be

The sump does add water volume, but they still have only a 55g to swim in. The sump helps with nitrate reduction if you setup a refugium properly. You can, and probably should, add a skimmer in the sump. To me, the skimmer is a must in any marine tank. Dont go cheap on a skimmer....get a good quality one. You can get god deals on eBay.

Yea I'm ready to pay a lot of money on a filter and skimmer they had the Niger with really really small fish but Will any fish be able to go with the Niger and wrasse I the 55 also I've seen normal wrasses he's about double the size of most wrasses he's around 3 and a half inches

So all I ask is what you recommend to put with the wrasse and Niger in the 55 I would like to add one or two more fish at least also how do I put a pic up if I can I'll show the tank itself

lmforbis

Nope it really depends on the fish. That would be adult length and you are pretty close now with young fish. A high power skimmer will cost about as much as a 125 gallon tank which is more appropriate for the fish you want.