I need an ID

hopkins6

These came attached to one of my live rocks. They are not aiptiasia. They are dark orange with tentacles like aiptasia but have blob things on the end like an anemone. Could they be baby anemones?

bang guy

Yes, they are Anemone. Aiptasia are also Anemone.
I think ci is right about them being Mojano. They are considered a pest because of how fast the propogate. Fortunately, they are very easy to remove. Just scrape them off the rock if they become overpopulated.

ci11337

I was right?!?....This is the best day ever!! I got a 99 on my big math test, I got a brain coral (see pics), AND I was right!!!
:joy:
:joy:

hopkins6

Good job on the math test and thanks for helping me. So you are in school too, same. I'm in the tenth grade. What about you?

zoie2

Congrats on your test and your new brain! I want a brain.
i really need a brain.
...if I only had a brain...

crox

Originally Posted by hopkins6
These came attached to one of my live rocks. They are not aiptiasia. They are dark orange with tentacles like aiptasia but have blob things on the end like an anemone. Could they be baby anemones?

I had one of two of those on a piece of LR with some mushrooms and now I have maybe 15 of them in my tank. I want to get rid of them. Are they going to sting my corals?

bang guy

Originally Posted by Crox
I had one of two of those on a piece of LR with some mushrooms and now I have maybe 15 of them in my tank. I want to get rid of them. Are they going to sting my corals?
They do sting some corals in my experience. Especially SPS.
To remove them I just scrape them off with a bamboo skewer. They come right off.