I need Help guys somthing is wrong

juniors04

With my Naso Tang
Ive had him for 8 months now and has been doing great untill last night i noticed somthing on him. Its some white stuff never seen it before. I Woke up this morning and seen this stuff still on him hes breathing a little harder than usual. He ate some Formula 2 flakes this morning. Heres a pic please help me guys this is my favorite fish in my tank

meowzer

Is it cottony? Is that a ring on it? or is it the pic?
If it is cottony look up lymphocystis.....hard to tell though

juniors04

no its not cottony its just the colors of the skin. It is definently like a ring shape. have you seen this before?

meowzer

Originally Posted by juniors04
http:///forum/post/3125081
no its not cottony its just the colors of the skin. It is definently like a ring shape. have you seen this before?
NO, If it was cottony I would......anyting in the disease pics that it looks like???

juniors04

No i didnt see anything on the disease forum thats similar to this. I feed him formula 1 formula 2 flake food, Green seaweed and he likes the Angel Formula. He doesnt eat the mysis shrimp or silversides. My water temp is 78 degrees, salt level is at 1.018, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0 nitarate is high in the 40 range, Ph ranges from 7.9 to 8.0. All the other fish look great.

meowzer

hmmmm....salinity is a little low....should be closer to 1.025
Food may be an issue too....You can buy frozen mega marine algae, do you give vitamins? I think it may need some vitamins too.
I am looking at a possible nutrition thing here (grasping)

juniors04

Yeah it is a little low usually i keep it around 1.020 to 1.021. Yeah i soak some vitamins in the seasweed just not all the time. 1 more week and it will be 9 months since ive had him so im not sure if its the food nutrition thats the problem? Hes a pretty fat fish.

deejeff442

tangs bruise very easilly ,do you notice any rock out of place?
if he got caught between rock this could have shaved off some skin .it wont always be red like you would think.
my achilles will sometimes get after my fowleri and he will get a bruise white like that and it goes away within a week.
they are now back in my dt from the qt and he is all healed up.

juniors04

I dont see anything diffrent in the rock work it possible it could be a bruise but i have no idea. He didnt eat dinner tonight thats the first time he usually eats a lot! this sucks man he was doing so well i dont know what to do

juniors04

He didnt make it guys
just after 1 day that I noticed somthing wrong he died. Its still a mystery. Had him close to 9 months and this happend im still shocked. Here's a pic of his dead body I recovered this morning i believe he was poisned

juniors04

I know this is a old post but i never got a response from you beth i was wondering what you think happen to my poor naso?