I think I'm turning... gasp... conservative (at least as business is concerned)

So the punishment just came down for Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling. He is banned from the NBA for life (whatever that means, I'm not exactly sure), and will be fined a maximum of $2.5 million. Commish Adam Silver also said he will do everything in his power to see that the owners use their power to force him to sell the team.

Ok. So. To recap.

An old, white, Jewish guy, makes highly offensive, racist remarks in his own home, which are illegally recorded, then leaked to the media. After this happens, it appears the whole world flips its s**t, and wants this guys head on a platter. Literally.

While what he said was not only racist, and completely stupid; there was no crime committed. This sets a very, very dangerous precedent if every rich, old, white guy who owns or CEO's a company is forced to sell because he's a closet racist.

reefraff

The fine is BS and he should fight it. The NBA wont have to force him out. His own sponsors will do that. The sad part of this is the NBA won't want to find the best owner for the team, they'll insist a black person gets the team. Watch it happen.

darthtang aw

So the punishment just came down for Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling.  He is banned from the NBA for life (whatever that means, I'm not exactly sure), and will be fined a maximum of $2.5 million.  Commish Adam Silver also said he will do everything in his power to see that the owners use their power to force him to sell the team.
Ok.  So.  To recap.
An old, white, Jewish guy, makes highly offensive, racist remarks in his own home, which are illegally recorded, then leaked to the media.  After this happens, it appears the whole world flips its s**t, and wants this guys head on a platter.  Literally.
While what he said was not only racist, and completely stupid; there was no crime committed.  This sets a very, very dangerous precedent if every rich, old, white guy who owns or CEO's a company is forced to sell because he's a closet racist. 
Had he not had a mistress it wouldnt ever have come out. So what is the lesson learned here?

darthtang aw

When you have a mistress just do your business and then leave without any of that creepy cuddling or conversation stuff.
Hence the point of a mistress!