i think my Anenome is ill

ml1826

My anenome turned inward and looks brownish and rubbery. From what i have read if it is ill it turns white and then slime, but mine is not doing that. Anyone have any thoughts. Thanks Mindy

blackjacktang

In my old tank I had an anemone that did that. Mine died beacuase it did not have enogh lighting. We need more information
What we need:
Your lighting
Water perimaters
other tankmates
what kind of anemone is it?
Tank size
and how long your tank has been setup.

ml1826

It is a 90 Gallon Tank, I only have one bubble tip, and I am not sure about the name of my lighting system, but i just bought it from a specialty store, and paid around 300.00, it has timers, and three different settings, so i know i have a good light. but this morning when i got up the anemone was fully opened again. I am so confused.

ml1826

Tank has been set up for about three months, water has been tested by Saltwater store weekly (not *****), that is also were i purchased my lights, i have blueface angel, two yellow tangs, two trooper clowns that spend alot of time in the anemone, snowflake eel, and five damsels (1 sgt. major, two blue, and two blue, white & yellow).

ml1826

Originally Posted by Blackjacktang
In my old tank I had an anemone that did that. Mine died beacuase it did not have enogh lighting. We need more information
What we need:
Your lighting
Water perimaters
other tankmates
what kind of anemone is it?
Tank size
and how long your tank has been setup.
It is a 90 Gallon Tank, I only have one bubble tip, and I am not sure about the name of my lighting system, but i just bought it from a specialty store, and paid around 300.00, it has timers, and three different settings, so i know i have a good light. but this morning when i got up the anemone was fully opened again. I am so confused.
Tank has been set up for about three months, water has been tested by Saltwater store weekly (not *****), that is also were i purchased my lights, i have blueface angel, two yellow tangs, two trooper clowns that spend alot of time in the anemone, snowflake eel, and five damsels (1 sgt. major, two blue, and two blue, white & yellow).