id a little white thingy

zap800

ok this little guy has been on my rock for about a month. it doesnt have a crown so feather duster is out, and it doesnt reproduce so apasia (speling) is out. this little guy is a little less then a 1/4 inch and a base wider then the stalk. it is aprox in the center of the pic on the rock. got any sugestions?

alison

:happyfish Hi, if it's the white tube next to the red coraline, well they are VERY VERY common. I have atleast 5 of those. I call them spitters, because they spit a mucus line out, and reel it back in to collect the goodies. I don't know their technical name though. If it's not what I mentioned, than I can't see it to id it. Good luck, ali.

viper_930

Originally posted by alison
:happyfish Hi, if it's the white tube next to the red coraline, well they are VERY VERY common. I have atleast 5 of those. I call them spitters, because they spit a mucus line out, and reel it back in to collect the goodies. I don't know their technical name though. If it's not what I mentioned, than I can't see it to id it. Good luck, ali.

You are refering to vermitid snails.
To me it looks more like a small feather duster from a duster cluster that has lost its crown, so that may be why you see none.

belothsurf

all I can focus on is what looks like a very sharp pincer, connected to some kind of horrible monster crab coming out of the black hole in the center of the piece of live rock........."sspptttttttt".....that's just my over active imagination, don't pay any attention to me...............:scared:

T

thomas712

Viper is correct they are Vermetid snails, I've got plenty of them.

zap800

yes what was circled is correct. and i have noticed a mucuslike stuff he spit out once. how is it a snail when there is no shell and he never moved? the menacing pncer coming out of the hole is just my maryland blue crap i caught. lol just kiding

bang guy

It is a snail and you can plainly see the shell sticking out from the rock. The "pinchers" are actually antenna.