ID please - Bubble algae?

dammar

Just want to be sure what this is before I rip it off the rock.
haven't seen bubble algae in person yet!

mikeyjer

How did you get it out??? Got to be careful when removing bubble algae, if at any time you burst it, you will release more spores back into your tank. I stop taking it outta my tank since my crab and foxface feeds on it....Now, there's not much left....

keri

If you can, take the whole piece of rock out of the tank to get it off and rinse it well with saltwater (that isn't going back in your tank), before you put it back.
I have one tiny little clump that comes back on the same rock but so far have been able to pinch it off w/out bursting the bubbles. A new bubble grows every month or so and I repeat the process, yours doesn't look easy to access but if you can get the stem then try that. Good luck

florida joe

My emerald crab eats some if you cant take the rock out and cut them off try the turkey boaster trick they are not as fragile as you would think (IMO)

dammar

it looks hard in that pic but thankfully that ricordea is the one i bought and its not actually on the rock, its on a frag of LR wedged into the rock. the bubble algae was growing on the frag =o