In Sump Skimmer Bubble Muffling Ideas?

grumpygils

I have a 30 g rubbermaid sump on a 85+G frag tank. Just received a new skimmer that micro bubbles a little bit more than I like. Sump has no partitions and I am not going to put them in a rubbermaid. Any thoughts on reducing them? Skimmer is a Coralife rated up to 240g. I have one in-sump and one external return pump. I have seen bags on over flow returns but never on a skimmer?
Thxs in advance!
Mc

stdreb27

Fresh out of the box skimmers tend to do that. you might see if they subside in a couple weeks. Although I haven't personally tried, bags work to eliminate micro-bubbles. And I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't be able to put a micron filter bag after your skimmer.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by stdreb27
Fresh out of the box skimmers tend to do that. you might see if they subside in a couple weeks. Although I haven't personally tried, bags work to eliminate micro-bubbles. And I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't be able to put a micron filter bag after your skimmer.
It is a used skimmer so should be broken in pretty much. I guess I will have to try some kind of bag. Any ideas on where to get one other than pay the LFS extortion money?
Mc

stdreb27

Originally Posted by grumpygils
It is a used skimmer so should be broken in pretty much. I guess I will have to try some kind of bag. Any ideas on where to get one other than pay the LFS extortion money?
Mc
I haven't really shopped online, I found a lfs store that sells them with a frame for 10 bucks so I was going to buy mine there.

stdreb27

They are used alot in industrial applications, the couple I've seen online were marketed towards them, but i think I followed a link at a larger forum from one of their sponsors and found some but they were more expensive.