Is ACAN dead

luvmyreef

I cant tell from the pics, but do the feeder tencacles come out after the lights go out? Have you been feeding it mysis or brine shrimp? Target feed them minced meaty foods and zooplankton for best growth. If not, I recommend you do so, mine love it.

meowzer

I'll have to try to get a closer look....it's not in an area that I can use the magnifying glass, and it is very hard to tell
I just figured if it was dead, it would not have any read anymore

aquaknight

No, it's alive. The color is contained in the fleshy tissue not the skeleton. As long as there's tissue, it's still kickin'.
Hard to say what to do. If it's been like that for a long time, one would think it either would be better, or get worse. Thinking if you move it, that might tip the scale one direction, the thing is can't say which. Leave it for now
?

meowzer

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3249219
No, it's alive. The color is contained in the fleshy tissue not the skeleton. As long as there's tissue, it's still kickin'.
Hard to say what to do. If it's been like that for a long time, one would think it either would be better, or get worse. Thinking if you move it, that might tip the scale one direction, the thing is can't say which. Leave it for now
?
Well I just recently redid the 225G and since then everything seems to be doing great.....This guy is midtank, and I just wasn't sure about it....I almost want to say I notice a slight difference, but just not sure if that is wishful thinking...LOL
I'll just watch it for now
Thanks

meowzer

Weird thing is that it has been this way for months.....I am hoping with the RE-DO it will perk back up
do you think there is a chance? I can squirt it with marine snow, or phytogreen-M, or mix up some Coral Frenzy...
Should I do any of that????

fishlawyer

Try putting a dose of Reef-Roids in the tank... If it is anything like mine, the sudden influx of that stuff will cause it to perk up very quickly...
(You should also see what it does to feather dusters! Amazing!)

meowzer

HMMM....I don;t have that.....I have NO LFS, so I have to order everything....is that the real name? so I know what to look for

fishlawyer

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3249249
HMMM....I don;t have that.....I have NO LFS, so I have to order everything....is that the real name? so I know what to look for
It is called "Reef-Roids" and is it by Polyp Labs. Just make sure to thoroughly mix the stuff with about 250ml of water before adding so it is properly disbursed. Or, if you really want to make sure it gets to your ACAN, put it in a syringe and spray it right on the little guy.
I really wish I had a good video camera to show you how my tank reacts to it! It makes my tube worm and mushrooms go absolutely nuts! My wife calls it "Reef Crack" :)

meowzer

Well all I have is coral frenzy, ZoPlan, (those are dry) and for liquids...I have PhytoGreen-M, Coral Vital, and Coral Boost
will any of these work????

luvmyreef

What have you been feeding them up until now? Zooplankton and minced meaty foods are good. Use your turkey baster and squirt it into their tentacles, I have two new babies on each of my acan frags and this is all I feed them.

meowzer

Originally Posted by luvmyreef
http:///forum/post/3249255
What have you been feeding them up until now? Zooplankton and minced meaty foods are good. Use your turkey baster and squirt it into their tentacles, I have two new babies on each of my acan frags and this is all I feed them.
I actually feed them with the tank....I use all that stuff (Not all at once..LOL)
for daily foods, I have mysis, marine cuise, emeral entree, squid, enrinched brine with spirulina, prime reef, formula 2,
(all these foods are soaked in garlic, selcon, zoe, zoecon, and vita-chem)
then once or twice a week I add one of the above mentioned coral foods

luvmyreef

Sounds like you have it covered, but make sure you actually target feed them, their feeder tentacles typically only come out at night since they are nighttime feeders.Mine looked bad until I actually did this. They may feed when the daylights go out and the actinics are on for a few, mine do.

meowzer

OK thanks....I'll try some night time feedings.....How often do you feed yours? 1x a week, 2x a week?????