Is anything wrong with my clam? Or retard?

royal gang

He's not attaching himself to the sand, or to rocks or anything, then I see him in 1 place one night, then he's in another place in the morning... can I stick him to the rocks or something??? =/

ifirefight

If hes moving..hes trying to find lighting that he likes. What type of lights and what type of clam do you have?

reefkprz

Originally Posted by TangWhispr
You are an idiot, Don't use that word in a title or in life...grow up

While I agree that the word he used is a very poor choice, insulting wont solve anything, especially calling some one an idiot using improper grammer.

nietzsche

Originally Posted by ROYAL GANG
He's not attaching himself to the sand, or to rocks or anything, then I see him in 1 place one night, then he's in another place in the morning... can I stick him to the rocks or something??? =/
whats the lighting on the tank and what are your water paramaters? what type of clam?
looks like you dont have what the clam needs in the tank

tangwhispr

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
While I agree that the word he used is a very poor choice, insulting wont solve anything, especially calling some one an idiot using improper grammer.
I had no idea we were being judged on grammar, don't worry i corrected your incorrect spelling of "grammer" next time STFU

H

huskychasrs

Not a clam, but my flame scallop tends to move around whenever it needs to.

bill109

Originally Posted by reefkprZ

royal gang

250watt HQI metal halide bulb 10000kelvin, It's a derasa, my water paremeters are;
pH =8.1
alk =230
calcium =350
ammonia/nitrates/nitrites =0
SG 1.026

renogaw

your alk and calcium are quite low for a reef tank, and since your clam needs those you may want to bump it up.

turningtim

My Derasa does the same thing! We have a battle that is almost comical. I put him where I think he should be and then he spins around where he wants to be. In the process he makes everyone mad b/c of the sand storm he creates. I have given up and just let him be......
He just trying to get comfy, I wouldn't worry but bring up the CA and Alk levels......

bang guy

ALK is fine, raising it could cause trouble. Ca is marginal, it wouldn't hurt to bump it up a bit.
Remember that current and water conditions are also important to clams. If it can't filter food properly where it is then it's going to need to move. Lighting is only one of many parameters.

royal gang

Ok... Well I'm working on raising the calcium alk and pH a tad, and raise the calcium alot, but he moves to the side of the glass, and it's annoying because I can't see the pretty parts, and he doesn't let me clean it either, What can I do?